you are my buddha

johnnyk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]p.s. Don't even try to understand them OH. It ain't worth the headache. Just so long as you get laid every night who cares! :-)

[/color]

I have a feeling that it comes from a belief that when ones are lucky it feels like ones receive a blessing from a buddha and these people say it by interpretting the Thai words directly.

It is similar to "You are my savior". For me it is more of a compliment than what some other posters said but it is IMO.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] it was quite common for the girls to come up and rub my belly for 'good luck'.

Then, that could be something not related to the language...some "tradition" or cultural thing.

[/color]

Many Thais will do anything for "good luck" including worshipping a male sexual organ by some prostitutes if they feel that it will bring more customers. I saw that on TV not long ago about BG paying homage to a statue carved a penis. :rolleyes: What I was wondering was, how come they don't pay respect to their own sexual organs which sure are the ones which work in my opinion. ::

Fat/happy buddha statues are believed by some people to bring luck if ones rub their fat bellies. A fat male bellies, IMO, are rubbed because the rubbing generates some good " comfort feelings" like rubbing pets which are supposed to be good for us. Now, I am not saying that these men are pets ok?

:neener:

Jasmine :)

Archived