you are my buddha

johnnyk

>>>What I was wondering was, how come they don't pay respect to their own sexual organs which sure are the ones which work in my opinion. <<<

actually, lots of monks perform here ceremonies were part of it is blessing the vagina of a girl going into prostitution (or of a prostitute who would like to be more sucessful).

there are lots of amulets around (used by men and women) to attract te opposite sex, and/or to break up existing relationships of a lover. famous are ei lak a yom and ei nang ee boe, some are extremely sexual.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] actually, lots of monks perform here ceremonies were part of it is blessing the vagina of a girl going into prostitution (or of a prostitute who would like to be more sucessful).

[/color]

Monks? Someone needs to talk to those monks!!! ::

Monks should have nothing to do with such thing, what has the monkhood become!! :banghead:

Thanks for the info. Fly.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] Not to mention rituals by fortune tellers that includes touching the breasts and/or vagina. [/color]

I can accept this but monks like Fly said is unacceptable.

Many of women really believe this nonsense by fortune tellers and many also got raped, as far as I am concern, I have no empathy for stupidity.

When I was in Thammasart, I was dragged by a few girl friends to a monk who was supposed to be a fortune teller. I was just there and did not want to talk to him. One of my girl friends was supposed to talk to him at that time. He said to the girl friend "You are quite cold with men and will have a hard time, not like" pointed at me who sat in the far back row " who is very hot!".

Imagine what happened, I got up and said to the monk that he had NO business talking about sexual activities, haven't he read the scriptures of Buddhism or he just stay in the monk's robe for food! The monk was shocked and bowed his head, never argued a word and I was physically dragged away from there by my friends.

I have low tolerance for such monks.

Jasmine

the missus just says it's called "na na thong". during the ceremony the monk blows over the women while mumbling magic words to the effect that the woman can attract more men. then he blesses goldleaf which the woman has to put on her abdomen just over the vagina. he then gives her some "yan" and "ki pueng ma haa sanae", a paste to be put on her lips while mumbling some formula, to attract men.

[color:"red"] the missus just says it's called "na na thong". [/color]

I recognize the word Fly. However, the damned monks (excuse my language) should be kicked out of the monkhood.

On the other side of the coin, it is the ignorance of people who ask the monks to help on such things.

There is a woman in a town where I had lived for 18 years who was an ex-prostitute from Thailand (but is a prostitute now) who wears gold pendant-like on her sexual organ. She said that the gold was blessed by a monk to make her generate more attraction to men. This woman is in here 50s now and still runs her service for $20 a pop. She is a miserable woman who cannot even afford a trailer to live in but she still has a business once in a while, I guess the blessings work!

There was a monk who my mother respected who told me seriously about some requests he received from ignorant people. And the requests have hindered his Buddhism practices badly that he left the monkhood after 16 years. There are many monks who try to stay pure according to the scriptures but fail becuase of the people's demand.

Jasmine

>>>However, the damned monks (excuse my language) should be kicked out of the monkhood.<<<

well, if everything else fails - the laws of dharma and karma will take care of it.

Jasmine,

Actually from what I've seen, observed, and questioned/inquired info on, these symbolic erect penis' (penii?) are used in many other ways than just for good luck for a prostitute. Many, many homes and businesses and shops have these displayed prominently to the public eye. (In many various sizes and materials and colors) I'm told that they bring good luck and (I suppose because they represent fertility. Fecund/fecundate would be the English word most apt I think.)can help bring money into the business, family, house, whatever. They are quite popular here in Surin, and in Isaan. Even to the point where Sis put a small one carved from some dark wood onto my

goddamned key chain for my pick-up truck and house keys key ring. (It was taken off, by me, one day after I'd noticed I was holding the damned thing in my mouth, as I was trying to do something to the truck's door as I was unlocking it and needed both hands to do so. So absentmindedly I'd just held the key ring in my teeth, not realizing it was by this wooden prick!) :o

Needless to say I took the

stupid thing off and told Sis I didn't need this anyway, as I have my own "good luck" prick which does quite well by me, thank you. :hubba: I'd expect the real thing might be the best good luck piece to carry around, rather than some wooden or stone or plastic one! Wouldn't you think so? ::

Cent

Jasmine,

I agree. These type of monks are nothing worse than sexual predators. On the same order as the pedophile priests in the Catholic church, and should be drummed out of the temple, and strung up by their balls, for using the beliefs and gullibilty of believers to their sick and twisted gain. They are scum, in any religion and faith. There are good and bad in every walk of life. These scumbags should be dealt with harshly when rooted out by the faithful and the authorities. Shameful behaviour!

Cent

Archived