thai airways e ticketing?

thai3

I like having a 'proper ticket' to drool over but I thought I'd try this e ticketing on the TG site where supposedly you book online then turn up with an email confirmation, bit like booking a hotel.

Got so far where you select the e ticketing option on the site, thought I'd better read the conditions button at the side first though. There it says the tickets have to be picked up in person within three days at a thai office? what? that don't sound like e ticketing to me, so I rang thai air office in London for more info.

My heart always sinks a bit when a thai girl answers as I know it's going to be just like thailand. First I ask her what the conditions of an unrestricted ticket are, she does not know what one of these is but goes off to ask. She comes back with she 'thinks' it means you can change the flight at no cost, well that's what I thought too. What about this e ticketing,the conditions seem to contradict what e ticketing should be? Off she goes again and comes back with maybe you cannot get e ticket for that destination, upps silly me, thanks miss.

Back at the computer I see yes you can or the option to e ticket would not be usable, so back I ring, oh no her again. First she tries the 'it must be your computer' line then claims the office has nothing to do with e ticketing and does not know what the conditions are, this is ticketing and info I'm talking to? yes she says. Mmm I ask to speak to her supervisor, no you cannot nor to anyone else, nobody know about it.

I wrote to them last week but no reply. If this is thier idea of how to run a business I'm glad I am not a sharholder. I always fly with them but seriously thinking of trying Singapore air from next year.

Anyone know how the e ticketing works? beacause TG don't seem to, or won't say-Peter

Well, I don't know exactly how it works...but I bought an e-ticket once to go from Phuket to BKK with Thai.

That stalled departure of the plance with 30 minutes.

Somehow they thought I had not boarded the plane. Apparantly (at that time at least) they only counted regular ticket stubs at the boarding gates. They were one stub short since I was the only one with en e-ticket! ::

I personally prefer to have some kind of paper or ticket in hand that proves I have bought and paid for transportation.

I would not like to go an airport for my flight, trusting staff who have less knowledge than I do about the ticketing process :: You are in trouble already if the (staff ::) cannot come up with clear concise answers.

I had an e-ticket for my NWA flight LAX-SIN a couple of months ago. I printed up all the info on my home printer that was on their reservation system. It had the following info on it: Confirmation Number/E-Ticket Number/FFlyer Number/Flight Times/ etc... :) and rules for luggage weights/dimensions. I also called up their reservations people to confirm that I was in the reservation system.

If you do end up e-ticketing with Thai, I would think that they would send an e-mail to you with all the necessary info + confirmation. You do not want to meet this individual at the airport: Mister or Mrs. :dunno: :: at the airport counter.

Nothing in this world can screw up or lose anything faster than a computer :cussing:

As long as the scheduled flight has the symbol for e-ticket, you will have no problem. I have done this at least 10 times. First time I was confused about the "pick up in person" line, but somehow it doesn't apply. Just show up with your eticket for your flight as normal.

The only time it gets interesting is if you need a refund. Only can be processed thru the web site. But the web site can only process the refund before the scheduled flight!

When I had to get a refund, I called Thai, told them I would not be taking the flight. When I got back home I emailed the web site and they told me to mail the ticket and signed copy of my passport the office in Los Angeles. Did that and got a call from that office telling me they can't process the refund, must do on the web site. I told them of my direction from that web site. They called back 1/2 hour later and apologized and processed the refund.

But the e-ticket process is straight forward other than that. As long as the you get the email ticket, you do not need to pick up a ticket. I have 21 in my in box for Dec!

[quoteIf you do end up e-ticketing with Thai, I would think that they would send an e-mail to you with all the necessary info + confirmation. You do not want to meet this individual at the airport: Mister or Mrs. :dunno: :: at the airport counter.

Nothing in this world can screw up or lose anything faster than a computer :cussing:

Not necessary. If really worried, you can re-check your reservation by logging onto the web site after purchase.

>Not necessary. If really worried, you can re-check your reservation by logging onto the web site after purchase.<

Very true. I do not remember if I did that though. But whenever GOING to Thailand, I leave nothing to chance :: But when coming back from Thailand, I'm not as concerned :)

Thanks for the replies all.

If it were any other carrier I would not be bothered but anything to do with LOS transport concerns me, like getting a ticket for the bus lopburi-bkk with 10 am written on it and the bloody thing driving off at 9.35, that's after the driver confirmed 10 am!

The pick up in three days condition must be a mistke but they would never say that, I'll give it a go tomorrow-peter

Archived