Hello Bumrungrad, I'm a sanuker and ...

Catalyst

Shed your Western inhibitions, mate.
That is one of the things I have really gotten used to in Thailand at least in the sanuk areas. One frequently encounters females in the men's bathrooms, or bathrooms that are not very private. And with all the bgs and massage girls touching and looking at every opportunity . . . I start to feel almost like my dick is public property over there.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they'd handle everything very professionally and nonjugmentally. But do be aware that their recordkeeping is thorough and probably the best in Thailand. This can help with care in most situations (a doctor pulled up my history of cholesterol test results, for example).

Where it gets sticky is if there are other parties you DON'T want to know about something possibly being a problem. Two potential possibilities: Thai government (in case they want to start denying visas for people known to have ____), or private insurance companies in countries with dysfunctional health systems like the U.S. (Bumrungrad would probably be a third its size without support from U.S. refugees). I don't think that either situation is the case now, but it's just too easy for it to become the case, IMO. On HIV and syphilis tests, the Red Cross on Rama IV near Henri Dunant will do them anonymously for B200.

When I went there I do not think they asked for passport ID, SS number etc

you put what you wanted on the form

and they wanted your BKK address (hotel was fine)

So unless you have a very unique name I am not sure how "they" would find you later on

I will continue to go there and not worry about it

Archived