Hello Bumrungrad, I'm a sanuker and ...

Catalyst

Been to Bumrungrad too, and of course I would be (have been) forthright. The doctors there are very nice, and they can only treat you the best way, when you are telling them what you are doing!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what you do.

You walk in and take the escalator up to the 3rd floor and present your self to the client /patient reception desk and fill out the necessary form to get a Plastic Patient Id Card.

Then tell them you would like an HIV test or request to see an internist or have a private consultation with a Doctor and that is all No explanations necessary. This is BKK bro.She will direct you from there-

They are very very good.

(The HIV test takes one hour to get the result)

As is Bangkok General Hospital. And they are the main trauma center in BKK (but private so they do not get the riff-raff :) )

All the (US/UK/other EU) embassy staff go there as first choice. I have been there and like them a lot!!! And they are close to my house (of course YMMV on that one LOL).

Most Doc's I have seen there are Western-trained, but Thai ethnicity.

Cheers,

SD

suadum said:

As is Bangkok General Hospital. And they are the main trauma center in BKK (but private so they do not get the riff-raff :) )

All the (US/UK/other EU) embassy staff go there as first choice. I have been there and like them a lot!!! And they are close to my house (of course YMMV on that one LOL).

Most Doc's I have seen there are Western-trained, but Thai ethnicity.

Cheers,

SD

I have heard that is a good hospital, suadum.

But, I have to disagree with the first sentence in your second paragraph because, uh, well, my first choice is Bumrungrad. :angel:

You are right in that where you live has a lot to do with the medical/dental facilities you use. All are pretty conveniently located.

Catalyst said:

Would anyone go to Bumrungrad hospital and be forthright about sanuking, either to ask for treatment for a specific condition or perhaps just to say that you've been sanuking for a while and you thought you should get a health check?

Bloody hell, the Thais don't give a rat's fart about it. Getting laid is part of the Thai concept of having fun and as a man (I assume you are) they reckon you screw around big-time anyway. I show my willy to any doctor (preferably female) at the drop of a hat (or anytime there's a funny itch, forget the hat). Shed your Western inhibitions, mate.

Archived