WTF?

Hi,

I find the Thai mind to be a wonderous thing. I enjoy digging into the culture, and the mindsets out there. It's really not about sex. I have many older Thai women I chat with. And a girl with HIV in Chiang Mai. I know is a good thing to her for me to lend her my ear. She can get very lonely, and needs to vent. She often says how much she appriciates my input, and that I make her day better, especially the bad ones. While many will talk about sex issues concerning their boyfriends, it is known that they are doing so, with the knowledge that we will not be meeting for sex. If we meet, it will be for coffee, or even a night out together, but sex is off the table, as I do have a girlfriend, and 80% of them have bf's.

I'm upfront, and honest there. I make it clear I am not looking for a gf. I'm not doing anything dishonest. I even have a couple of Thai guys I chat with. It's not hard for me to have Thai friends who are girls, and have it be just that. There are a couple who I will probably meet my next visit. I've told them all that more than likely, I will bring my gf as well. None have any problem with this, even though I know that some would be very willing to have sex with me, if i initiated it.

HT

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure it is the display of comitment that attracts them. I can only speak from experience here in Australia. I have recently separated from my wife after 27 years of faithful marriage. Before we split, most of our friends were single. The guys always commented that when they came out with us to the pubs and clubs, women showed more interest because they were in a group which included couples. It was completely different to when they were out on there own as a group of single guys.

I think it is because they see them as less predatory when there are women in thier group.

I also noticed it was far easier to get to know other women when I was with my wife than when I was "out with the boys".

I think there is a catch 22 mode of thinking, if you are with a woman you must be an ok guy, if you are not, there might be something wrong about you?

Denny

I think there is a catch 22 mode of thinking, if you are with a woman you must be an ok guy, if you are not, there might be something wrong about you?

Thank you, exactly what I think about it.

Or maybe the women think that if you have a girlfriend then they can decide to shag you or not.

Best regards

Archived