Trink Gone ?

Elation

Has anyone noticed that Trink (The Night Owl) is not on the Bangkok post website anymore...or maybe he's been buried into some less prominent place cause I sure can find it.

Aside from the redesign of the site (which is excellent) anyone know the story behind the fall of Trink ?

Look at the bottom right of the front page you will see a story with a link he is still here just hiding LOL

A flourishing scam

Bernard, as we well know, scams abound, government embezzlement in Nigeria and ``boiler rooms'' in Bangkok being but two. It's wonder how gullible people are! I had a couple of guys overseas ask me to check up on ``missing'' girlfriends in July. In each case they'd been corresponding with a local lass with starlet looks, if their Internet pictures are to be believed.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/trink/trink.html

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: racha ]

quote:

Has anyone noticed that Trink (The Night Owl) is not on the Bangkok post website anymore...or maybe he's been buried into some less prominent place cause I sure can find it.

Aside from the redesign of the site (which is excellent) anyone know the story behind the fall of Trink ?

He is indeed in a less prominent place on the newly designed BKK post website. And, as you suggested, it may well be the fall of Trink. Webmasters keep and review stats on how many hits each section of a website receive. Perhaps the number of hits have fallen, and in response, the link to his section has been made less prominent?

Perhaps Stickman's weekly column is drawing away readers from Trink's site? Actually, there is a lot more information available on the Sanuk scene now as compared to a few years ago, including this board. People competing for 'eyeballs' on the Net have to constantly provide current and interesting info. to keep up readership.

JG

Well, his column in the newspaper itself was there in its usual place - across from the comics section where it belongs. Yep, read Beetle Bailey and then Trink.

One interesting item he included was that a boite (love that word, right Bangkok Phil?) named Bush Garden would be opening ABOVE the Thermae. Er, in that hotel lobby, Mr. Trink?

Also, for those of you who may have missed it, there was a Letter to the Editor expressing displeasure about Sombat's very find book. The author's name sounded like a Thai female.

She concluded her letter with '(the book) dwells on the allure of the leggy and voluptuous and stereotypical variations of the femme fatale.

Sounds like a must read to me.

quote:

Originally posted by racha:

rictic,

I also sent an email but got no reply.

Racha.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Relax all you Trink addicts (of which I am not one - I lie - I'm a sucker for any crap on the net about LOS) but they've hidden the old fart (Trink)under the Entertainment section. A little hard to find and the URL will change every week I guess. This week it's http://www.bangkokpost.com/en/Realtime/17Aug2001_real06.html and next week who knows? Perhaps they are planning putting the old git out to pasture. His old links to the archives still seem to work as well at http://www.bangkokpost.com/trink/trinkindex.html

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by racha:

Update,

The link i mentioned has now disappeared.

A case of TIT.. ''Nuff said'' LOL

I sent an email and have not received a reply yet. I also phoned and spoke to someone who said Trink would be updated at 5.pm

Archived