cultural obstacles to a farang thai relationship

Regarding hygiene, who knows thai women that floss? What about using an electric toothbrush?

Cardinalblue, an electric toothrush has little to do with personal hygiene. No good dentist would recommend one.

As for cultural obstacles to a farang thai relationship, it all comes down to mutual understanding. Live and learn.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, we disagree. did not meet the same persons, only I guess, but i am glad i met the ones i was with, and not yours. My GF uses an electric brush, and i have always found that the girls i was with had very acceptable breath (better than mine, i am sure). Always pout it down to the spicy diet, doing a good cleaning job thru-out, but i am not sure.

Of course, my stats are getting old and far between, having a GF, but it would seem, reading you, i was indulging at the righ time ;), before it got stinkier..... Condoleances! :grinyes:

Could you give some examples?

----------------------

Soogmaak asked the same too.

Not all, but many thai/farang unions are based on an arrangement where the guy thinks he is being loved for himself, whereas he is actually LIKED for himself, and "loved" (no capitals) for being a provider.

This may actually works very well, but I believe that the providing is actually what matters the most in the RT, which makes it a bit different to RT in the west, where providing is of course important too, but hardly why people accept to date in the first place. I am talking of working RTs, not doomed ones from the beginning.

Ex: A friend of mine is now married to a much younger thai. He claims their RT is getting deeper, ie. not so based on sex, but this is in denial to accept that she is not excited in having sex with him (he always complained she was slow in joining him at night, if ever).

It may work out in the end, but the funny thing is that everything he tells me shows the marriage is basically an arrangement (he provides for her 2 kids), still in many ways, 2 strangers at time, are sharing the same roof, something he denies.

This is a RT i know very well, but heard over many examples of such different expectations.

I just don't get this one .You have a perfect opportunity to learn the language.

I began to learn thai 9 months ago. :: But I take only 2 hours per week. And I have some hard time with it.

Best regards

And when it comes to everything else except body and clothes (things like living quarters), Thais are the most dirty people I have known

Hmm, I didn't make the same experiences. But maybe I am myself dirty ::

Best regards

P127,

Thanks for the explanation.

Not all, but many thai/farang unions are based on an arrangement where the guy thinks he is being loved for himself, whereas he is actually LIKED for himself, and "loved" (no capitals) for being a provider.

I think this may be the key question in assessing your future RT and I agree with you 100 % that there are too many guys out there who think it is true love when it is, at least on her part, an arrangement. When a girl seems too good to be true, you might ask yourself, why in the hell would she want to be with me?

Ex: A friend of mine is now married to a much younger thai. He claims their RT is getting deeper, ie. not so based on sex, but this is in denial to accept that she is not excited in having sex with him (he always complained she was slow in joining him at night, if ever).

Ouch! It goes to show that some of us go to great lengths to fool themselves. :: I guess I should feel lucky that my gf always complains that I never go to sleep at the same time!

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived