cultural obstacles to a farang thai relationship

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] The average thai seems to have little knowledge of dental care. I see things improving in BKK but it will take time. [/color]

I think it depends on a person. My brother hates dentists and I also did when I was little. Neither of us have a bad tooth though. When I was little, the only so-called dentist in our little town was a Chinese who would come to the house to pull our baby teeth out and he was not gentle. :: I bit his hand once!!

However, when I grew up, we moved to a town with a real dentist with very expensive fees and I got my teeth cleaned once a year. Now, it is twice a year, however, my brother has so much problem going more than once a year, he is just scare!!

I do agree with you that the teeth are not the main concern of many Thais.

Jasmine

Hi CB,

When it comes to Dragon Breath I feel pretty confident that it has mainly to do with the diet in thailand and to be more specific the infamous Plaa Rah. Fermented fish.

Many thai people eat that every day (especially those with rural upbringing), some add it to virtually every meal and if you never had the misfortune to turn your nose to this stuff you should praise yourself lucky ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Guest lazyphil

<<I do admit some people have a harder time with languages than others.. Give it a try-not so hard really>>

I do find it hard and will try harder!!--a generous board member sent me software to help me :D

[color:"red"]The average thai seems to have little knowledge of dental care. I see things improving in BKK but it will take time. [/color]

How to get from cultural obstacles to dental care...

My gf is very strict on cleaning her teeth morning and evening.

When she was a child her parents did not have money to buy tooth paste, they cleaned their teeth with salt and finger...

I managed to have her teeth checked twice in two years. First time in her life she saw a dentist. The dentist did some cleaning. Teeth in perfect condition. No trace of caries as we in the west have, due to eating candies :o

Guest lazyphil

<<How to get from cultural obstacles to dental care...>>

Dental care is the least of the trials to overcome--however worth a brief chinwag--maybe in the event of a tgf relation needing dental emergency care is more appropriate in this discussion? :dunno: (the cost ::)

A man and a woman do NOT have to go to bed at the same time to make love or having an intercourse.

So you never used this trick to go earlier to bed and to play the sleeping wife so that your husband is shy to wake you up for an intercourse? Or you just don't mind to be waken up for this?

Lucky husband!

Best regards

Falangs smell. I have talked to several Thais and it appears that Falangs can be smelled about 5 meters away. I know myself, I can sometimes smell a Falang from that distance.

As for Thais having bad breathe, I do not think it is because of hygenine but from being partially dehydrated.

The Thais I talk to claim Falangs do not like Thai food, especially the spicy kind. Falangs are not interested in Buddhisms. Falangs drink too much and smoke too much.

As for Thais being superstitious, I do not think they are. For many, it is part of their religion.

Archived