Hydrotherapy--NEED

loner w/a boner

I'm really serious and could really use your help. I am having some chronic muscle and joint pain and historically, have really benefitted from hydrotheraphy (too fat and not enough exercise). I am looking for a place where I can use what we in the U.S. call a hot tub, whirlpool, or by the brand name Jacuzzi. Not the "bottle of wine and a hot Thai babe under my arm" kind of therapy, either (wink wink). The tub itself can be the cold-looking stainless steele kind used in athletic venues, or the recreational kind. The only real requirements are that the jets be strong enough to provide therapeutic value, and the water be nuked with sufficient chlorine. I'm in the Charoenpol area (north of National Stadium, west of Siam Center, East of the expressway). Any part of town is fine, but of course, the closer to home, the better. I've got a lousy sense of direction, so specific locations/signs would be much appreciated if possible, and approximate price/per time would be much appreciated also.

2. Also, just curious...I've seen advertisements for a "Turkish Bath". Is that what some of us in the west refer to as a steam room/wet sauna?

For those of you in the health care profession, and those just concerned, I will keep an eye on my problem, and will seek qualified medical advice if this doesn't alleviate symptoms. I will supplament with traditional Thai massage (helps a lot too), am NOT using pain medication to alleviate symptoms, AND, will be addressing the root causes--sedentary lifestyle and morbid obesity . I may also try hot baths. My condo only has a standup shower, but, what the heck, I could go to the Playboy short-time hotel, rent a room for 2 hours for 240 baht, and have a nice hot bath!

Thank you very much for your time and effort in helping me. This will make a huge difference in my quality of life. Thanks.

"2. Also, just curious...I've seen advertisements for a "Turkish Bath". Is that what some of us in the west refer to as a steam room/wet sauna?"

Uhhhh, no. :D Those would be establishments wher one can get a nice soapy massage. But they do have tubs in which you can relax...

Turkish gummint is not happy about the term, but only a few places changed when they complained. TIT.

Cheers,

SD

• 2 weeks later...

Archived