Wireless internet?

Old Hippie

• 2 weeks later...
Old Hippie said:

Is there such a thing as wireless internet in LOS? If so, is it prepaid or what? and who is a reputable provider? Cost? and what equipment is needed? Can I purchase the equipment in the USE etc...? Thanks!

I brought over my wireless router from farangland and connected it to the ADSL modem (high speed) provided by my serviced apt and wireless now works perfectly. I was fortunate in that i already had high speed wired internet access in the first place, but i guess one can sign up for it had it not been the case. Not sure what the prices for wireless routers are like here in bkk, but i did have to make sure re compatibility between my wireless router and the local ADSL modem (eg digital vs analogue etc). Hope this helps.

Also some apts do provide wireless access in all rooms, eg President Solitaire - unfortunately each time i have stayed there i could not use the wireless connectivity coz the router was too far away from my room (and i'm using a decent wireless card)....and this applied to the different rooms I stayed in...although it did work each time i stood by the entrance....but the minute i ventured in the room, no more connectivity. Ok probably more than you wanted to know :)

Archived