CM to BKK

greedisgood

Cactus,

Ditto on the comments on the hotel. Nice place it all depends on what you are paying. A lot of tourists here now, but lots of available rooms. About the golf :p We have 3 good places here, IMHO. Royal CM Golf, Green Valley, and Lanna Golf. Also have CM-Lamphun but again in mho expensive place for 18 holes---around 1800Bht. Also have the oldest 9 hole course in LOS---The Gymkana. Bad shape but fun for a quick short round. If you can go to CR---3 hrs by car---and play Waterford Valley & Santaburi. Beautiful !! :up: Any other info, PM me.

As to the Golf issues....They are all out the same way. Go for the Green Valley.. Championship Course with Tournament play Club House... FAr out the road and very few shade trees.

I visit Lana and Green Hills a few weeks ago, Lana was Jammed with Japanese Tourists and Green Valley was quiet, althouth the expansive facitily probably absorbs many many more guest. Lana, is cheap, small and close!

samak said:

made it in 6 hours this year; it is all highway

Can anyone beat this and live to tell the tale? This is a 700km trip. Cannot imagine anyone doing it in 6 hours. That?s nearly 117kph non stop. Surely an Itan truck must have pulled across the road in front of you somewhere or you needed a pit stop?! Took me nearly an hour to get out of Chiang Mai city ::

you can believe it or not.

it is a bit less then 700km; i left early moring and it took me less then 10 minutes to the highway. you can easily drive 140 kmh when the highway is free.

stopped once for less then 10 minutes and it had not much traffic that day.

Archived