Expressway tag cards

whosyourdaddy

There may be a deposit or something that would cause someone to think it was not worth it since time saved at toll booths is not all that much.

I know there is no charge for refilling it, you give 2,000 baht at the booth, you get 2,000 baht on the tag.

Probably the main advantage for my company is not having to worry about cash advances for drivers for tolls other then to refill the tag.

TH

The price is the same for the TAG as for the coupons.

Put in THB 500, get 25 baht back.

Put in THB 1,000 - get 50 baht back.

You apply at the toll booth offices, need your passport or Thai drivers license. They seem to be always "out of stock" so it may take a few toll booths to find one.

If I remember correctly, you pay THB 1,300 for the first one - so the deposit it 300 baht.

It is very nice to have, especially on the main toll booth back from Pattaya - saves a few minutes waiting at the Bang Na toll booth.

Cheers!

yes it is 50 baht discount per 1000 baht reload. however you can not use it everywhere. certain entrances do not have tag readers and it is not applicable for

- tollway to airport and further

- expressway to chaengwattana and further

- both expressways to chonburi

(all operated by other companies)

I have one and it comes in very handy, although you cant use them on all toll gates, which makes it sometimes a bit difficult. However, for me it is easy because I am going to the Airport for work everyday and also use the same way back. Good is, that you dont need to have small money and that you dont need to line up, which is great especially during rush hours. The deposit is 300THB and can be re-loaded at any Tollgate showing " TAG/CASH". You can also apply there by pulling over and going in to the administration office. I would love if the card could be used on all High and Expressways.

Cheers

Archived