Unique Triology on Stickman's reader submissions

chilli13

I'm sure lots of guys have read them already, but finding the link elsewhere I simply think they're too good to miss.

These are really amazing true life experiences in LOS. Also very well written. It put's LOS and life in perspective.

Below are the stories in chronological order:

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/reader/reader544.html

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/reader/reader561.html

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/reader/reader579.html

I had not read the 2nd and 3rd ones. Not quite so convinced it is a real story after reading those. Surely if it was real life the natural impulse would have been to get the daughter to a hospital and get her on antiretroviral therapy. Also, from what I have read unless she caught it a very early age 22 seems very young to be in the final stages of AIDS-peter

I thought they were real (until I read the board members responses). Yes, I think in real life, Tui and "Phil Mortenson" would most likely take the daugher out of the monk hospice and into some better and more loving care.

I am sure people here could find other holes in the stories also. Good work gum shoes!!! :grinyes:

Rug

Thai3 says:

I had not read the 2nd and 3rd ones. Not quite so convinced it is a real story after reading those. Surely if it was real life the natural impulse would have been to get the daughter to a hospital and get her on antiretroviral therapy. Also, from what I have read unless she caught it a very early age 22 seems very young to be in the final stages of AIDS-peter

>oh it's not for real?

guess I got caught up

anyways ok LOS fiction at least

How could that possibly happen? After how many trips, how many barfines, how many girls and 4500+ insightful posts here, you got caught like someone who's never been to Thai.

Must have been some intoxicating liquid within your reach? :drunk:

seriously I though it could be for real & actually I still think it may be...

could be because the descriptions of like the visit to that aids hospice was kinda scary, but eyeopening at the same time - guess there's quite a few of us multiple visit & multiple thai forum intensive partisipants that never have been anywhere near such tragic victims as described :dunno:

but I mean however young that girl may be she was clearly beyond the point of no return so I why bother really sending her to hospital? :o

If concerned about the girl you would not assume she was past the point of no return unless a doctor had told you so, antiretroviral drugs have gotten patients off their death beds before now.Even if hopeless why leave her there for the last weeks rather than putting her in a place with better care? Also, I have not heard of such a Wat caring for AIDS patients in Bkk, of course that does not mean there is not one. The age he quotes is the main problem, with an average onset of AIDS being about ten years after infection 22 seems just to young.

I think most people are of the opinion it's fiction, very good fiction though.-peter

Archived