AirAsia

khunsanuk

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Here's their web stuff....I'm a FF frequent flyer (aka foolish fuck for paying too mutt) so I'll probably stay on TG for incounty flights but that looks good. www.airasia.com/

BTW Thai has been putting a few good deals on the font opf their web site http://www.thaiair.com/

Also, inf you are in LOS go to a ticket office and you get some great prices on selelcted flights. I did BKK CNX (Chang Mai)

business class for 4,000 baht return. early morning out and late afternoon return...Worked for me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a FF frequent flyer (aka foolish fuck for paying too mutt) so I'll probably stay on TG for incounty flights but that looks good. www.airasia.com/

Hi HJ...

This is where you have to be careful - the old frequent flyer rip off! I booked a flight this morning on Air Asia to Phuket for 900 baht each way, so total of 1800 baht.

This ROUND-TRIP fare was way less than a ONE-WAY on TG. So not worth booking TG to get the FF points when you're only going to get 500 miles for the domestic flight (one-way). Much better to get the cheaper fare and have extra sanuk money at the other end! Fly P. ::

Although I agree with you that FF is meaningless for most of us fail to see any 900 baht price listed for any Phuket flights but there was one for about 997 not including tax if you like to fly in the middle of the night. They are currently providing about three or more prices depending on what they feel they can get out of you.

For noon flights Bangkok/Phuket/Bangkok on March 16/24 chosen at random the Air Asia price is 3311 r/t and Thai Air is 4940 r/t (but if you buy from agent may be about the same as Air Asia as they currently offer a special price). Real savings is likely not going to be that great and at least with Thai you have a seat assigned. Am all for cheap tickets; but don't see many yet.

Flew AirAsia to Phuket over the weekend and and will use them at the end of the month to KL and Sing. They really do cram the seats in. Probably 20 extra seats including filling up the emergency exit rows, except for one seat so they can get the door open. There is no head rest covers but have leather seats for easy cleaning. Sandwiches are 60B each, drinks 20-30B. Also no TVs or entertainment at all.

But the flights are short so these are not a real problem

If you are know at least a month in advance you can get a good deal. I would still prefer to fly to Phuket and Singapore on Thai/Sing Airlines if I could not get the lowest price. As the plane fills the prices go up.

Yes: food , stewards and prices are all in Thai. I am sure they will eventually get some thai pilots but I do enjoy knowing there is a malay at the helm instead of a thai. But since taxsin has a majority share in it, I am sure he will promote some family member who once played with a toy plane to pilot :doah:

Had a few Malayasian (nationality) students back in Canada. Education system much better than here in Thailand!! They tend to have better critical thinking skills.

I have zero faith in how I believe most thais get there job, it is who they know and not what they know. Not a sobering thought when the guy is a pilot. Just look at the friggen bus drivers and the relatively huge percentage of them who dont even have a licence and now are complaining their insurance is too high.

Sorry ment all malaysians not just the malay ethic group. BTW the pilots that I saw were chinese decent and had perfect accents. Presumed educated overseas.

Archived