Current exchange rates..

Bkkbound04

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"....she then got annoyed as this had been a tip from a punter and as she had seen the figures 1000 she thought it must have been similar to Baht in value......."

Reminds me of an incident a few years back in Pattaya. Was hanging around the hotel, talking to a few other guys, and some guy (American if it matters) was bragging that he had paid some girl with Hong Kong dollars, telling her they were worth more than American money, 7/1 in fact! so he really cheated her. Later that night as my "friend" and I slept, there was a loud noise from the next room, seems this girl had gotten him to pull her again, and a friend, then called a few "friends" to come and sort the guy out, not a pretty sight in the morning or when I stuck my head out to see the police arrive. No idea why guys need to be dick heads to the girls.

I was in Phuket and heard a Thai BG talking to a french guy. She asked him 1500 Baht for long time and he walked away. 10 minutes later an american guy asked her how much for long time and she asked for 3000 baht!! He agreed. Later that night the bar manage told me that she usually charges 800-1000 baht but wanted a new pair of jeans and so that week was charging everyone 500 baht extra.

Hard to imagine that because Thai's usually shop for jeans that cost about 200 baht a pair.

I've yet to hear TG's talking exchange rates, just an occasional "baht small money" comment.

Escape rabbit,

I went shopping with a TG in patong on Sainamyan Road for clothes and believe me they arent all that cheap. Or maybe she was saving up for an exchange rate calculator!

On foreign currencies I've seen little sign of expertise from the BG's of Bangkok. A few know exchange rates on perhaps the greenback.. :dunno: but get out your Yuan, HK Dollars, Lira, maybe even the old Franc if you you've got pre-Euro cash and watch them get lost.. :help:

I once had alot of HK Dollars and pawned them off on a girl, but my calculations turned out to be pretty bad.. and saw her later. :cover: umm, yeah. If I had been of less than decent motivations it would've been a 'scam'. I know one BG who did s/t for about 250baht once she got the real exchange rate on her currency, which the punter confabulated.. :nono: she was spittin' nam pla prik to say the least.

In my case - I made peace, apologized, and I gave her x-mas present. After that all was well in the merry little land known as NEP. :hug:

cheers,

the_numbers

have to agree OH.

i for one never tip,always give them the money to get home the next morning.

but i pay 2000 95% of the time and the Girls are very happy with that,i cannot be doing with the discussions and tell them straight up what i will pay.

they can take it or leave it.

my best benefit of ignorant people of exchange rates or actually currency notes was in HK in a semi naughty bar where the bar staff agreed to exchange our danish kroner, which they though was german marks so even they gave a shit rate we still got some 300%++ our moneys worth & it was 'happy hour' all night for us in the danisg camp :drunk: :hubba:

Archived