Current exchange rates..

Bkkbound04

Coming from the euro free zone the pounds strenth is very favourable and likely to get better whilst this bird plague spreads and taxin makes himself & his country look real stupid.(see channel 4/BBC national TV news)

I have had debates with some girls in the past who seem to want to charge fees for services rendered based on the current exchange rate...and one girl even admitted to charging UK guys more than guys with the euro... ::

Was this unusual? anyone else had negotiations over ST/LT based on exchange rates ? Some of these girls are very astute, checking exchange rates daily, no doubt awaiting the arrival of the next moneygram.

::

JP

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feh, just my luck. I found the only bank teller-cum-bar girl in LoS! I tried to jokingly give her 50,000 rupiah. She immediately knew that "Wah! Mai ow!! Only song loy baht!!!"

Oh, for others, here is a good currency exchange site: Bangkok Bank. It shows the actual cash-in-hand rates, not the interbank rates that are unobtainable to the common man.

Cheers,

SD

had to go to an exchange booth once in the morning with a BG in tow.

i had to change money to pay her and she got a South Korean 1000 Won note out of her purse and asked how much it was worth.

i tried the mental calculations and told her around 300 B.

she asked me to change it for her and of course i fucked up(well i did have a hangover and only 10am) and the look on her face as i gave her 30 B was priceless.

she then got annoyed as this had been a tip from a punter and as she had seen the figures 1000 she thought it must have been similar to Baht in value.......

:banghead:

Bkkbound,

Very unlikely that you will get more baht for your euro/pound/dollar because of the bird flu. Last years SARS outbreak did nothing to these exchange rates. Poultry exports from Thailand are way down the list of its major exports below tinned fish, rubber, prawns, rubber etc etc and so are unlikely to have this large an economic effect. An effect such as the fall in tourism and thais being able to go out on a night and enjoy themselves produced by a 10pm earlier bar closing would have more of an effect.

Thai girls are well known to give a tier pricing system for their customers origin. One price for Thais, another for Chinese, another for Americans, another for English etc. Usually the latter being charged up to 3 times more than other countries. Yes they are clever enough to keep a weekly check on exchange rates. What tourists should do is limit their spending on the girls to being generous rather than following our genitals and being over generous.

Archived