support GF kid

thai3

it's difficult to say because there are many personal circumstances to take into account. personally, i'd say a couple up to perhaps around five thousand bath per month...

but I've read posts here where people claim 50.000 bath/m to your girlfriend as an absolute minimum :o

>What would the members consider a reasonable sum required to support a 5 year old kid living in buri ram village?

Thai court would rule 30 bahts per day. That's stupid amount but it's based on some calculation.

You would probably have to support kid's grandmother and grandfather in the package. Maybe you get familiar with their spending habbits.

>when you want to sent the kid to a decent privat school to provide him a good education. average private school should be around 10-20k per term

Providing there is a school like that nearby.

It's difficult to put a price tag for kid's support upcountry.

Food is already there, a child wont get a household into a debt with food. Clothes are dirt cheap anyway.

If there is no obvious intention to support the entire family, I would think 3K per month would be enough. With casual work, that's about what (i.e. grandma) would have earned in the field if the child was not distracting her.

The kid would see little of it anyway. I can't imagine the rest of the household idling peniless while handing over 100B every day to the kid.

>The GF asks for 6000 but as the kid is not renting a condo yet I think this is too much. I imagine a whole family could live on this in Issan

I believe you are in for supporting the entire family.

If you have serious intentions, make it known and build it in into the dowry. No dowry when the time comes.

Or take your hat and head towards the door.

Should have said this is only when we are married and she is over here in the UK.

I have already done the me not rich, cannot support your family bit but I am not convinced it has sunk in yet. I think she said 6000 as that's what I send her now for herself. As for dowry I said no but she wants what she calls sin sot nit noy and only wants one cow which are about 10,000 baht. Ring another 10,000 and asks for no party or anything else. So I don't think she is trying to take advantage, but it's early days yet. I intend to sit her down and have a good talk about finances before getting hitched, and to also ask about any large debts which she might be hiding.-peter

Just to add what others have pitched in: I give my wife's family 5000/month. This directly supports her son and her mother, and indirectly supports a disabled older sister and assorted other aunts and cousins. They live in a village in Surin.

They are quite comfortable on this as a monthly cash flow, though any big-ticket items (very rare) require additional support from me.

Archived