Hua Hin hotel suggestions ?

torrenova

Guys,

I may wish to get out of the city for a couple of days next time and I'm looking at Hua Hin as a possible location. I've not got much information on the area and I'd appreciate some first hand experiences.

I won't need to get a take away as I'd be bringing food to the restaurant, so P4P not required.

As for price / quality, I've looked at the Marriott and the Hyatt websites but they seem a little impersonal. Perhaps something more low key would be ideal. Any suggestions welcome.

there were many threads here about Hua Hin accomodations. do a search.

pp (puangpen) hotel, sirin and jed phee nong are all under 1000 baht and on damnoenkasem road relatively close to the beach and downtown.

city beach is a bit more upmarket at around 1500

east of Marriott resort is a bunch of scandinavian owned guesthouses for around 500 baht

other upmarket hotels beside Hyatt (outside of town) and Marriott (was the royal garden resort) are Hilton (before melia), sofitel and chiva som

I liked the Anantara for a real upscale place -- beautiful grounds and romantic rooms near the beach. My second choice would be the Hilton primarily for the view and friendly staff and then third, Sofitel. Each of these hotels will be excellent. Never stayed at Hyatt or Chiva Som.

A nice medium class hotel would be the Blue Wave but it was starting to look a little worn last time I stayed there.

Depends on your budget and location requirements, the following places are at least 3km out of town:

Chivasom (more of a health resort than a hotel)

Hyatt

Anantara

Blue Wave

All nice but you need your own transport (or taxis). Sofitel is about the best central place but it aint cheap! Hitlon is a big tower block IMO, not very personal. City Beach hasnt been renovated for years and gets noisy as there is a disco below it. Jed pee nong has recently been done up but i have yet to go and look at the rooms.

Just left Hua Hin yesterday. Was not smart and went down on spec over Chineese New Year. Finally got in at Majestic Beach Resort, 2 nites 2300b nite way too far out. Next to City Beach 2400b, was noizy and impersonal. Jed pong fully booked, tried everywhere, just no room.

• 3 months later...

Hua Hin Hotel. I am looking for moderate price near city center. Halfway decent, can be older but must have regualr amenaties like ac and tv. Maybe a restaurant inside or nearby. Anyone stay in hotel in city center at Hua Hin. How about some names for these hotels? Prices? The Nana in BKK is around 1,000 THB. Anything similiar in Hua Hin?

Archived