johnpressman

I have been "lurking" here for the better part of a year. For severaL (MARRIED) reasons, I cannot travel to LOS. My single friend, Avi, here in Los Angeles has taken my advice and has booked a trip, April 5 to April 16. I have let him check out your site but as he has just moved, his home computer is not hooked up. His first night is reserved at the Bangkok Palce Hotel. He is a total "newbie" and really needs some help. Is anyone going to be in town on these dates?

>> His first night is reserved at the Bangkok Palce Hotel. He is a total "newbie" and really needs some help. <<

No worries. Probably, what will happen to Avi:

First night, go to SC, barfine Nok.

Go shopping with Nok at MBK the next day.

Barfine Nok again and her friends (BGs) to make a party.

Go shopping with Nok at Emporium the next day.

Barfine Nok for the rest of the holiday.

Travel with Nok in a mini-bus to Isaan.

Learn to eat Thai food and learn to use a Thai toilette.

Pay Noks family for the party.

Pay Noks family for the buffalo.

Pay Noks family again.

Go back to Bangkok.

Cancel the return-ticket.

Verrry funny, but probably true. My pal Avi is a little uptight about the whole barfining thing. Young? guy, only 32, in shape, not bad looking but burnt out over the whole Los Angeles singles scene. Here, money talks and the kind of car you drive is the ticket. What he REALLY needs is some experienced mongers to show him the ropes. ANYONE in LOS April 5 to 16? I suggested breaking up his trip between BKK and Pattaya. What do you guys think?

Bangkok City Inn..A nono...not guest friendly..hostile even..get ur self out of it and along sukhumvit..Majestic Suites would be a good choice for first timer..unlike nana hotel where the reception area reminds me of the bar scene in starwars.

PS I'm in LOS during the time,,but likely to be doing domestic stuff in UBON.Plans change...

JP

"...but burnt out over the whole Los Angeles singles scene. Here, money talks and the kind of car you drive is the ticket..."

And BKK differs how? :)

"... I've been sending Nok 10 000 baht a month since November and she tells me she no go with cuttoma..."

I've been sending her 20,000 and she told me the same thing...don't think she would lie to us do you?

Archived