Will you still visit Thailand?

Belem

Belem said:

With the new zoning and closing times for entertainment venues, will you still continue to visit Thailand for nightlife activities, or will you go to other destinations like South America, Indonesia, and the Philippines?

I will stick with Thailand I've been visiting since 1995 and have lived through all night opening, 5am, 2am, and now the 12 Midnight. Personally I think it will become unenforceable, and will soon return to 2am or later.

With me the jury's out. One of the things I liked about Thailand, which made me go back after my first trip in 95, was the relaxed feel of things, go out 10 pm until you felt like it.

If this law is enforced, it will completely spoil that side of things. I'll still be fond of the women and Muay thai, but may end up heading elswhere for that soecial, go to bed at 6am efect.

Cheers

go to bed at 6am efect.

----------------------------

I thought that effect died 2 years ago already, at least in BKK. In Pattaya, all seems to indicate the whole Beach Rd/2nd Rd area will be "zoned", so that hours will still be 2 AM, with the usual bars staying open half lighted and sounding much later as we have now.

IMO, anyone who comes only for the round-the-clock Nightlife, I hardly understand why they did not stop to come 2 years ago.

Belem said:

With the new zoning and closing times for entertainment venues, will you still continue to visit Thailand for nightlife activities, or will you go to other destinations like South America, Indonesia, and the Philippines?

A 3rd option, using "...and..." instead of "...or..." would have been nice. That'd be my choice.

Any other destinations besides the ones I mentioned like Cambodia, Mexico, Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Carribean would suffice as well. I should have put etc. after the Philippines. If prices increase to the point where it costs US$100 for LT and includes the barfine, I will look elsewhere for the next frontier. I didn't put an expiry date on the poll because I want to see what happens after the measures are put into place and see how strongly they will be enforced. I have a feeling this issue will be a rollar coaster ride, and the end result will be different from the intitial zoning and closing times proposal. Bars outside the entertainment zones just cannot survive by operating three hours a day. Hopefully some people will come to their senses, although that is more wishful thinking on my part. :dunno:

Archived