All-night venues from March 1st.

El_Tel

As we've all read about the upcoming midnight closing for bars, I'm wondering whether there'll be an increase in the number of hidden but not-so-secret all-night venues.

The one on SC comes to mind as does the one around the corner though I've heard that neither of these places have been open lately.

Will there be a sudden proliferation of these places after 01/03 or are the risks now too great?

And what would be board policy on naming them?

Thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impossible to tell. No one even knows what is going to happen on March 1st!

As far as naming afterhours places, I am not in charge of the board, but I *never* name them on a forum (maybe allude to them in "code words" only). And I *strongly* encourage others to do the same.

It's just stupid. There are likely government people looking at every Thai nightlife board. Or not. But why take the chance?

Cheers,

SD

Hi El-Tel,

Previous crackdowns have produced a no-tell policy here about bars breaking the law. Not good for them, and alternatively, not good for us. Sharing info. through PM's is fine, but not on the public board.

I'll keep this thread open for now, but if discussion starts leaning toward early closing issues, I'll close, as we already have an ongoing thread here about those issues.

HT

Aye. Only two that I know of near enough to my house or places I hang out to be of any interest to me. I sure hope the other one opens cuz I have a fresh bottle of Black there and I am sure it is lonely :D

But last night was fun...Goatscroat, myself and a few other fellows were drinking afterhours in a bar with a MiB friend of mine. He was even tending bar LOL!

It's still out there.

Cheers,

SD

If a venue was partially secretive and stayed open outsie of one of the zones past midnight it would become increasingly popular. The more people it would pull in the more it would attract attention until it would no longer be a secret to the MIB and would ultimately be forced to come until line and close at midnight.

Archived