report LAX-NRT-BKK on United

OCgringo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well im comeing from ORD on American. Flight comes in to NRT at 3:10pm and ANA leaves 5:25pm. I hope this is enough time. I also like the shower but that looks like it will not be an option. I only payed $3 dollars last month for the shower best money you can spend after a 12 hour flight.

Should have chose JAL instead. I flew ORD->NRT->BKK last year and it was most pleasant and I had plenty of time to shower at NRT. Which incidently required that I go to a different terminal if I'm not mistaken but that really isn't too much hassle if you have the time.

Just got back from Bangkok-took an ANA co-share with United from BKK to NRT and then Delta to US. I have taken ANA co-shares before and never run into any problem. Maybe the real problem is all the changes going on at NRT.

Landed in NRT at terminal 1-had to go over by gate 28A to get shuttle bus to terminal 2 for Delta-took about 15 minutes. Another security check at terminal 2. Other than that, no difference

IMO should have gone through Seattle instead. Why fly the extra time to LAX, only to spend the extra time between LAX and Narita -- probably lengthens the trip by 3 hours. Kinda silly to divert just to get supposedly better service, I'd rather have less time on the plane (assuming we're not talking about a gaping chasm separating the levels of service).

Well left BKK , this morning - Thursday at 7am ,

do not remember much of the flight , pretty full , was sleeping before the plane left the ground,

Landed in Narita and got thru Narita secutity quickly as only 3 people in my line,

made my way to the United gate with an hour plus to wait, guess thats what Walkmens are for.

The Narita -LAX was also full , slept thru most of it ,

But the worst was LAX Immigration , United has its own Immigration/customs area

the lines were crazy , More then 30 minutes for the US citizen line , who knows for visitors ,

they still may be there!

Customs also had a long line where the questioned everyone ,

not just hand a form over like at the Bradley International Termanal

Overall a good flight for how little of it I remember !

If you are flying into LAX giive some extra time for Immigration/ Customs

Los Angles' Immigration, Customs, and TSA are so terrible, I am thinking of arriving/departing at San Francisco just to avoid them. Although, during my last visit, they did not give me any troubles. I suspect when they looked at the computer, it probably had mention the hard time I gave them last time.

I only will fly the ANA codeshare if I can secure a biz seat if I can't then I will fly UA. ANA has a better biz service but UA's E+ seats in coach is the best economy product out there. The extra hour arrival time is not worth it if u can't fly biz or first class. Much better to get a shower and some food in NRT and arrive an hour later.

Archived