report LAX-NRT-BKK on United

OCgringo

875 = Denver - Seattle - Narita - Beijing (I thought it used to originate in Chicago before Denver but that may have been lopped off).

837 = Denver - SF - Narita - Bangkok (and the NRT-BKK leg is a 747, hence TTM's inquiry. Don't know about the other legs since they have little impact on my life).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

refering to mighty Mouse post regarding flying thru' san francisco instead of LAX to avoid the immigration queues.

I flew thru' SF about three weeks ago on my way to Brazil and the immigration was terrible. 2 1/2 hours for non US citizens. Two flights had arrived at same time one from Shanghai and mine from Hong Kong shortly after I think a japanese flight arrived.

The immigration officers who were walking around trying to keep the lines in order were incredibly rude shouting at everyone "stay in line" "single file only" and if the Chinese did not respond or understand, shout louder. Really a horrible experience after a 14 hour flight.

When the US immigration lines emptied they started taking people from the line but from the back leaving the people in the queue longest standing there fuming.

Having said that I think its all down to timing if your flight arrives with two or three other 747 loads of people you are screwed. Especially with the new photo and fingerprinting that goes on.

It goes to show you that immigration here in the US are not able to plan ahead to have personnel on hand who speak the Chinese language, and have hand held signs to help maintain order in the immigration hall.

LAX can even be worse. I'm now wondering how they'll even be able to handle it when 2 or 3 A380's coming in along with a 747, meaning over 1500 people in one shot coming through immigration ::

I usually leave a 4 hour minimum on my connecting flight upon arrival in US, so that it greatly reduces my chances of missing it :)

Shit, flying isn't what it used to be, seems like another job when I'm flying anywhere now ::

Archived