The Cave - Busted ! - The Nation

BlazingStarz

darn these Safeway sausage rolls are good.....remembering what I came back for now

They use the Corel Brand and bake them daily ....... good stuff, another one to add to my ..... "Why don't we have this in LOS book?" ::

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from the Nation by one of their reporters (unnamed?) wonder if it has anything to do with the subsequent raid ?

The Cave providedsomething different

Published on Feb 19, 2004

After becoming bored with Bangkok?s ?regular? night-time entertainment I was looking for something a bit different. And boy did I find it when I paid my one and only visit to a bar called The Cave on Sukhumvit Soi 33 a couple of weeks ago.

From the moment I tried to enter I knew this was not like the other bars in the lower Sukhumvit area. The front door was locked and I had to knock and wait while one of the staff opened a peephole to check who I was before letting me in.

Inside it was quite dark and done out like a medieval dungeon with chains and leather straps hanging from the walls.

Along the right side and extending to the back was a long bar.

And at the front on the left was what looked like an old-fashioned jail cell, complete with floor to ceiling bars. There was a chair inside the cell, but it held no ?prisoners? when I was there.

I took a seat in the semi-darkness and ordered a drink. The female staff were dressed in skimpy leather and lace outfits, were friendly and asked if there was anything I needed.

I said I was okay for the time being, so one of the girls asked if I?d like a quick tour of the place. At the back on the ground floor was a bigger room with another cell, but again, no prisoner. In the room next to the cell were quite a few customers and girls sitting around having a drink and talking.

The Cave?s decor undoubtedly had a sado-masochistic (S&M) influence, but all the customers and girls I saw were only sitting about, drinking and talking. All the male customers were dressed in black, which they told me was a rule of the bar, but luckily I was already wearing a black shirt and wasn?t offered one of their black outfits.

When my mini-tour moved upstairs I was quite shocked by what I saw. There was one large room with several smaller rooms off it. In one corner of the large room were a dozen beanbags on the floor, next to which was a large steel structure in an X-shape with straps for the hands and ankles.

In one of the smaller rooms was something I?d only ever glimpsed in a gynaecologist?s surgery ? a chair with stirrups ? and the rest of the room had what I can only describe as ?intrusive? instruments, which, fortunately, I have never had to experience.

Another room resembled a school classroom complete with desk and blackboard.

The place was very dimly lit, but apart from my guide and me, there was no one indulging in their fantasies in the upstairs section that night.

There was no show while I was in the bar, but my guide said one was planned for later in the evening.

I returned to the bar downstairs, had one more drink to steady my nerves and asked for the bill. They charged much more than any other bar in the area and when I asked why the drinks were so expensive, they explained that most of their customers were members and received discounts.

They asked if I wanted to join, but I politely declined, glad to get out of the place in one piece.

quoted :

It was probably a farang working undercover who was the point man for the operation.

Next? Eden?????

I wouldn't put money on that particular one, but Soi 7/1 could be on the radar

hi guys

why do you thing was the reason for me more than 3 months ago :

1) to shut down the website ??? ::

2) to stop the use of the upstairs rooms ??? ::

3) to just be a regular place where people meet ladies and take them somewhere else ??? ::

4) to close at midnight since more than 2 years ??? ::

in this country don't be stupid and just go with the flow , then you have a chance to survive :: :: ::

see you

marc

Marc ... I've always applauded your operation and your smarts in running it . :bow:

No doubt staying off the radar screens as much as possible is vital now more than ever.

I hope you MORE than survive.

Best of luck, Bon chance !

Archived