Is this thai humor?

soongmak

I forgot my password for the Bangkok Post, so I clicked on the link [color:"red"] Forgot your password? [/color] and read the follwing line:

"Forgot password. Please enter the username that you used when you registered to become a member of BangkokPost.com here."

So I entered my username and the following message appears:

"Now please enter the answer to the secret question you provided while registering to become a member.

If the correct answer is given, we will e-mail your password to you within the next few minutes. If you cannot remember the answer to your secret question, please contact our Webmaster for assistance."

Friggin'idiots! How can I remember the answer to the secret question, if you don't ask me the question in the first place! :banghead:

is this typical thai humour or so? :help:

From what I have been reading on this board it would appear that the register/sign in process is a work in progress so possible the 'secret question' wasn't an option/requirement for previous registrants. ???

Actually I assume that when you registered they had you select one secret question

No, not really. There was no set of possible questions from which you could choose. You had to type in the question yourself.

Usually when you lose your password, a website actually repeats the secret question for you, so you can answer it. The Bangkok Post doesn't tell you what the secret question is. Only that you have to answer your secret question. Now how big is the chance that, if you cannot remember your own password, you can remember what the secret question is? How's that for stupid?

Archived