BORED outside of Thailand.....

buddha

Here it goes, for those westerners afraid of horrible boredom back home.Despite the fact I kindda lost on the walkway 2ooo euros this week, and am a bit tired of moving endlessly from city to city, well... I have a great time at least every time I'm in Paris. It took a little time to find new friends and birds after all those years overseas but than...it's not with great excitement I'll be going back to Thailand next week. Food, booze and girls are as good or probably better than in BKK, cops won't show up in the clubs if u want to drink urselves to oblivion untill the morning, and i understand business people here better. Except whe they speak hebrew of course, but I may learn.

Now I'll definetely be hitting lower suk drunk late at night next week so BGs expect some mistreatment ::

Cheers!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Like NF400, after a two week stay in LOS I'm ready to head home. On the way to Don Meuang I figure there is no way I'll even consider returning sooner than 6 months.

Then a few days back in farangland go by and I start to feel exactly the same as Buddha described and I'm looking at airfares on the net :doah:

Finding a more permanent arrangement in LOS has apparently gotten more serious for me. I returned from LOS last week, and did a draft of a resume. First time I've done one in 15 years.

I have seriously been considering, even have come to a decision, that I will uproot. Its not so much a desire to go to LOS. Its more a matter of being tired of farangland and that 40 year mark approaching and all the old dogmas that held me up now falling away.

A change is in my cards.

When I left Thailand in April, I was in one of the smoking cubicles at Don Muang, near gate 35 I think. I was having a cigarette LM Menthol and there was a midget in there who looked distraught.... We were both leaving, our eyes met for a split second and there was unspoken communication between us, and then we looked away out the window, studying our own reflections ..

To make matters a lot lot worse I had lied to work and told them a relative had died, so I could nip to Thailand over Easter.. I was flying back direct with Quantas and would arrive in London at 06:30 hours.. I was having to go to work at 9:00 the same day.

To make matters worse the plane was full of a lot of Australians looking forward to getting to London.

The doom and gloom feeling in the smoking room with the midget was acute, off the scale and I never want to feel like that again.

STH :(

Guest lazyphil

I have a love/hate thing with Don Muang, its about the most beautiful place on the planet when you arrive, everything about it is perfect, I enjoy getting hassled by the taxi touts, I enjoy humping my kit bag breaking into a mental sweat, I breathe in the toxic air which tastes nice,--but on departure, well, lets not go there, nowadays its much better leaving than before--I used to get very envious seeing men checking in with a tg.....the bus journeys back home from Heathrow in the gloom were enough to send any sane man into the abyss of depression!

LaoHuLi said:

:bow:

Well I sure undersatand where you are at. For over 20 years anywhere outside of SE Asia has been boring for me. :down:

-------------------------------

Yes you say it right, for me it's not only Thailand, it's SE Asia.

Can i get a ASEAN passport please? As a Swiss withouth a EU passport (lucky to me) i prefer much much more a ASEAN passport! :D

Archived