BORED outside of Thailand.....

buddha

Consider yourself lucky.

You have never been departing Pattaya, in a taxi, to Don Muang, pretty much in the opposite traffic of the guys coming in, afresh to the city as you spot them thru the window, aspirin skin and luggages stashed in their bahtbus to paradise.

Then, depending on the hour, seeing the girls starting to giggle in the bars as the sun slowly sets, or having to leave some disco and other revelers at 2 or 3AM, as your lugage and taxi ride await you in your hotel lobby.

Only antidote is to be one of the fresh arriving dudes next trip.

Ask Rusty ;), if you don't believe me it's the pits.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet there are more decisions to drop all back home and come live here, taken in these departing moments that as any other times. Who disagrees?

I may be the lone voice of dissent, but I'm not sure that I could handle actually living in Asia - my dream would be to be able to get back at more regular intervals. Its not just the financial aspect - how many *employers* are prepared to let you jet off O/S for two weeks every 3 months ? I realise that many of you have your own businesses or are semi-retired, but for the wage slaves among us, a big part of the drama at Don Muang is knowing that it will be a considerable period before we can get back to Asia. Add to that the financial committments we have back in Farangland, and its all one big happy return to the 'real' world ::

The past 3 trips i have been quite happy to come home and get back to work. At Xmas i cut my 3 week trip short by a couple of days and came home early cause i had had enough and felt that the holiday time and money i saved would be better spent at a later date.

pattaya127 said:

Consider yourself lucky.

Then, depending on the hour, seeing the girls starting to giggle in the bars as the sun slowly sets, or having to leave some disco and other revelers at 2 or 3AM, as your lugage and taxi ride await you in your hotel lobby.

Only antidote is to be one of the fresh arriving dudes next trip.

Ask Rusty ;), if you don't believe me it's the pits.

That is a perfect description of how it is when I leave Pattaya and headed for the airport in Bangkok. Its watching the girls in the beer bars on second road gathering for the night, that really is not fun to watch as you are departing.

The ride back to Don Muang early in the morning, is undescribable. The worst feeling ever known to me, every single time. :onfire:

It's almost an out-of-body experience. Simple depression cannot explain it. It goes far beyond that.

HT

I have no problem at all going to the airport. I see it as a necessary evil and am keen to get it out of the way. But then again i will be back in 7 weeks and again in July, Sept and Dec :: It seems that the worst sufferers of BKK blues are the guys who try to replicate Thailand when they get back home with excessive amounts of posters/music/food/pictures etc. Note that I wrote excessive, nothing wrong with momentos and souveniers but some people seem to take it a bit too far and wallow in their own depression.

Archived