Cabbages and Condom's disaster

I second that, I went there some years ago and my veiw then it was well over rated, also went to the one in Chaing Rai last month, same view, it trades on its name, certainly not on value for money. Just as an aside about 10 years ago I was at the small restaurant (Raan Derm) in soi 22. I complained that the rice was cold and explained to the Dek Serv that we like our food hot. On the rare accasions that I go there now, the same girl serves my rice and smiling sweetly says, "Your rice is hot." What a great girl !!

As I live not far from C&C and often have friends/customers visiting I tend to eat there relatively often. I've found that the quality of food tends to vary quite a lot with whomever happens to be on duty in the kitchen- my favorite Tom Kha Kai can range from great to just average depending on the night.

The service recently has been quite bad, at least for the prices that the restaurant charges. Went there twice in the past couple of months and the last time it took forever to get served- we had to attract the attention of the staff to order drinks, food, inquire as to where the food was, and get the check. Not once did anyone actually walk up and do this on their own. To their credit, the place was understaffed. We sat in the open area downstairs and there seemed to be just two staff responsible for the (full) area.

Still a good place to take visitors, though, as they invariably think the place is great.

As for gunneruk's tomyam, one can order individual bowls or a big bowl to serve from. Could be that your friend ordered individual bowls but the staff brought out a big one by mistake and then took it away? Doubt the fact that you went with a Thai had much to do with it, unless she was the obvious bargirl type and the waitress took an afront to her comments on the food.

Cheers!

Crash999 said:we had to attract the attention of the staff to order drinks, food, inquire as to where the food was, and get the check. Not once did anyone actually walk up and do this on their own.

i usually get well served everywhere, after i shout 3-4 times "nongnong" with my loud army trained voice!

Archived