Looking for a different side of BKK

MaiLuk

MaiLuk said:

Prefer a hotel under 2000bht but will go higher for a place worth while thanks.

I would second the Swiss Lodge. I stay there all the time on business. Will be there next week for 10 days. I get a rate of Baht 2,200. Not flash but comfortable. Nice breakfast room. 100 m from Silom Road (Patpong end) so very close to BTS, shopping centre etc.

Sid

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

swiss lodge is almost perfect location where I would like to stay next trip, but I prefer a bit cheaper say B1500 tops & preferably daily/weekly service apt. instead of hotel.

any pointers for that area or alternatively siam sq area?

about saphan quay area that's where I stayed last trip actually in karnmanee, which gave me a lot of grief with their inability to supply us with a large bed instead of 2 singles :banghead:

it's also where I was fined for littering in the drain & actually pradipat seems to be crammed with 'chinese' style hotels with loads of busses unloaded asian tourists & quite a few farang on the streets actually.

internet cafes in the are pretty much sucked speed wise etc. so I won't be staying there again unles sthe GF insists :doah:

convinient to BTS & the upcoming trendy soi ari though ::

There is Saladang Place on Soi Saladang ( :doah:), but again it is probably too pricey for your budget (studio is about 3,00 baht). We stayed there a couple of times but switched to Swiss Lodge as it is a nicer place.

I think you may struggle to find something around that part of Silom for 1,500. If you do, please post it.

TH

well tough luck then :banghead:

my local 'contact' is proposing asia hotel @1400, which I have only heard bad things about so I'm pretty much on my own then ::

HT, a soi ari 'expert' was posting on a recent thread can't remember, but all I know is that it got the reflections restaurent along with a few other 'design pieces' & the food is actually ok there just mind the extremely huge cutlery :rolleyes:

"Before all your posts were in, we ended not far from the scene at Asia hotel. Double room at net 1350baht was extremely nice"

could you tell me a bit more about this hotel as it may sound almost perfect for me as I'm a bit vary about the asia hotel, but like that area & have only stayed a ST hotel there once with the GF :o

Hi,

I am a Soi Ari expert, although never posted as such. While they are building a shopping complex on the West side of Phahoyotin soi 7, it will not become a trendy' area. Is a major drop-off place for workers at the end of the soi. Ministry of Finance and some governmental environment building is at the end. BTS and busses drop off at the entrance to soi, and mototaxi, tuk-tuk, and samlors take over from there.

It's so busy in the morning, cops set up road stantions to control the chaos, and is still going strong into the late night. Some of the best food I've ever had is here, along with the cheapest. Same size bottle of naam som is half the price that can be found on Silom.

Trendy? No way. But there are a few places tucked away there, that I will never share. It's amazing what you can find walking down a sub-soi in BKK. ::

HT

don't bother I'm aware of the delights of the sub soi neighbourhoods & everything that goes with it so basically I agree except that the soi may be too small to become a real trendy area, but don't tell me 'reflections' haven't got noticed in the higher circles of society :rolleyes:

Archived