British Citizenship

Guest baldrick

?Ere ?don?t talk about my head of state like that. Mrs Windsor - she?s a lovely sheila, and not at all stuck up. I?m more concerned about the next mob after she carks it ? the tree hugging Charlie, who actually preferred Camilla to Diana ? what a sick bastard?it?s a worry! :dunno:

It?s a bit of an archaic institution, but I think she does a good job for the Poms.... 50 odd years in the job with no major stuffups and worth billions of tourist $ :up: Some of her governors-general downunder have been a tad iffy though! :down:

As others have said, it?s only a bit of paper and a brief ceremony, but the world?s her lobster after that. A small price to pay.

:beer:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazyphil said:

Its getting near the time my mrs can have a British passport--anyway I saw on TV this week to do this she will have to swear an allegiance to the queen and sing the national anthem in some ceremony--I didn't swear to Lizy nor would I ever--I'm not her subject and she can kiss my arse as far as I'm concerned. Over to you.

In Thailand, do you stand up in cinemas to pay homage to the king of Thailand?

Geez, your missus is getting citizenship of the United KINGDOM of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and you find "offensive" being required to pay homage to the king(queen) of the country she is going to become citizen of while when you are in Thailand you are forced (and most probably nonchalantly do) to pay homage to the king of a foreign country just to watch a fucking movie (or everytime else it's required and the national or monarchical anthem is played in public, e.g. malls, stations, markets etc.)!.....

I'm not a Brit (and my home country is not a monarchy anyway) so I am not personally "touched" by your remarks, it's just that I find very irritating those "double standards". It seems we have to suffer them at our disadvantage both in Thailand AND in "farangland" as well!!

And by the way I would also like to know how is it possible here to freely talk about having one's own ass kissed by the queen of the United Kingdom and NOT (as I am sure) by the K.o'T. ...

FIGJAM said:

And by the way I would also like to know how is it possible here to freely talk about having one's own ass kissed by the queen of the United Kingdom and NOT (as I am sure) by the K.o'T. ...

That's 'cos we don't have the crime of lese majeste in the UK. And the Royal Family have always been good for a laugh. The gin-swilling Queen Mum (Gawd rest 'er soul), 80 tabs a day Maggie (Gawd rest 'er soul, too), Phil the Greek ("Back to Bongo-Bongo Land with you Fuzzie-Wuzzies"), the ever so effete Eddie, playboy Andy, and of course the ever popular sticky-out-ears Charlie. Far better than the Osbournes as far as I'm concerned. :devil:

eyebee said:

And the Royal Family have always been good for a laugh. The gin-swilling Queen Mum (Gawd rest 'er soul), 80 tabs a day Maggie (Gawd rest 'er soul, too), Phil the Greek ("Back to Bongo-Bongo Land with you Fuzzie-Wuzzies"), the ever so effete Eddie, playboy Andy, and of course the ever popular sticky-out-ears Charlie. Far better than the Osbournes as far as I'm concerned. :devil:

Too right, they're a great laugh :grinyes:

Well worth the few quid they cost us, for the endless hilarity.

We've even got Princess Diana entertaining us from beyond the grave.

:angel: (That's not a halo, it's a steering wheel...)

:devil::beer::devil:

With all due respect LP I dont think you should criticise the British Monarchy as you do, you ARE Queen Elizabeths' subject, open the first page of your passport.

Would you talk in such a contemptuous fashion about the Thai monarchy in public in Thailand. Probably not as you would face serious consequences, something you wouldnt have to worry about in FREE Britain.

The British Monarchy are better than the British subjects whom they govern, just remember that!

STH

Guest lazyphil

I am not her subject--maybe on my passport I am.

<<Would you talk in such a contemptuous fashion about the Thai monarchy in public in Thailand. Probably not as you would face serious consequences, something you wouldnt have to worry about in FREE Britain>>

They have nothing to do with my freedoms. Our elected MP's are, so are men and women who have fought and laid their lives down in past conflicts.

It matters not one bit to me what one can or cannot say in LOS about the royalty, respectfully its not relevant.

I still fail to see why my mrs will have to sing the national anthem and swear an allegiance when we haven?t

Your mrs will understand why she has to swear allegiance, she'll have shown respect to the Royal family in Thailand, and no doubt will realise she should show respect to her adopted country's monarch.

Living in any new country brings with it rights and entitlement, conversely there are obligations, the Queen is our head of state and respect has to be there. It's Britain's civic society that separates us from the tribal anarchy of the middle-east and the confucian selfishness of the east.

Knowing one's place is essential, unfortunately in this modern age, we are told that everyone is equal. We are not all equal, for example a pioneering brain surgeon who has saved countless lives and brought up a good family is a better person than I am. Similarly I am a better person than the dead beat dad, who has had 30 jobs in 15 years and never really amounted to much, similarly he is better than the methodone addict who is trying to get his life together and sells the Big Issue, similarly he is better than the heroin addict who is an active burglar ad infinitum...

The Queen is at the top of the pile LP, she is better than all of us and we have to accept that. WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME.

STH

Guest lazyphil

<<The Queen is at the top of the pile LP, she is better than all of us and we have to accept that. WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME>>

I am not a Billy Bragg leftwing fuckwit clone (not that you said I was). I dont subscribe to this we're all equal crap. You speak of a brain surgeon being high up the ladder and yes this makes sense. He applied himself at University to attain such qualifications to perform ground breaking surgery for the good of fellow citizens. The Royalty have never applied themselves to anywhere near this level of blood sweat and tears in the high powered learning process the brain surgeon went through. That stupid cow (I forget her name--princess Margaret??) who lived in the Caribbean is a prime example of a dead beat sponging bastard on a par with a scrounging fucker selling the 'Big Issue'....just different levels of scrounging!

Archived