Can't eat the food

A falang I know, took a Thai lady back to falang land and married her. He just returned to Thailand, and being that he had never been to her village or met her family, he decided to go to the village. While at the village, his wife started to prepare some food for him. She was proud of the fine piece of meat she bought for her husband. With tender hands, she was just about ready to prepare the meal for him, when he went over to see what she was going to cook.

He vomitated.

It was a rat.

My girl friend said his wife did not know. The falang claims he did not know also.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fieldrats are a delicacy.

after the sugarcane harvest the boys go hunting for them all night with bamboo spears, or flintlock guns. these rats are not your mangy sewer rats.

there was something on BBC world last week that the price of rat meat had gone up 5 times since the bird flu scare, this was in Cambodia and it showed a big table of rat meat at the local open market......

I think I will stay with McDonalds, you know there is not much meat in the burgers !

There was this farang visiting the village of his TGF. While walking through the rice paddies a group of villagers asked if they want to join in for a meal. He looked into a pot with water and saw a toad, in a very polite way he claimed that he had already eaten. He questioned his TGF if the people are really going to eat this. She said oh no it is their house toad and they took it along so it can have a swim under the open sky.

He did not believe nor did she. :D

I had barbequed rat in Khon Kaen and it was delicious, similar to rabbit and it didn't cause 'vomitation'.

As for the story though, there can't be much communication in that relationship?

DrNickRiviera said:

I had barbequed rat in Khon Kaen and it was delicious, similar to rabbit and it didn't cause 'vomitation'.

As for the story though, there can't be much communication in that relationship?

Sorry could not come at that..if i knew that is .

I am often not told..untill later ::

We are off in a few weeks to BKK and my wife wants me to try Pond Snail in red curry.

Sounded ok ..untill she said where the snails come from..needless to say i will skip the dish :p

Full prawns in the soup, get over it!!! That's what gives tom yum goong in Thailand such a delicious flavor and attractive deep orange color. No need to eat it, just enjoy the flavor.

Hey, anyone know if it possible to post a picture? I've got a few picture of an isaan market with rodents for sale I'd like to post. Caution, you WILL vomitate so only tell me if you think you can handle the truth.

Archived