Can't eat the food

Escape Rabbit said:

Full prawns in the soup, get over it!!! That's what gives tom yum goong in Thailand such a delicious flavor and attractive deep orange color. No need to eat it, just enjoy the flavor.

Hey, anyone know if it possible to post a picture? I've got a few picture of an isaan market with rodents for sale I'd like to post. Caution, you WILL vomitate so only tell me if you think you can handle the truth.

She cooks Tom Yum for me ..takes the heads out before reaching the table :angel:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regular food up our way.

First time I saw it I thought the dog had caught them during the night "Good dog you have their catching the rats" I said (ironically a dog that looked like a rat terrior) I said to the Father in Law

"Huh" - "Thats breakfast, I just caught them my self" he replied.

I ate toast and vegimite! (Which they all do too now, trouble is the local shop doesnt sell it :()

JB

torneyboy said:Enough for me to see prawn heads floating in the soup :p
the head is the BEST and MOST DELICIOUS part of the prawn, you ignorant Gourmand! :neener:

another shortsighted "how can they eat that!"-thread in this section.

rats, rabbits, toads, squirels, snails, dogs, insects ...keep them coming! :beer:

Some bar girls offered me some roasted grass hoppers at Soi Cowboy. I looked at one and gave it back. No way was I gonna eat a bug. I think I would rather try BBQ rat. I tried rabbit before so I could be ready for the taste....heck I am sure everything tastes better BBQ'ed!! :up:

Rug

Bugs are great. I love the grubs the best myself. The water bugs that some think are cockroaches are an aphadesiac for me. I do not know if I can eat them again. Last time I ate too many.

As for rats, I love their taste. My girl friend's relatives enjoy cooking me their special dish.

Does anybody remember, near the bear garden on soi 7, a vendor use to show up with rats and dogs? I wonder how many people saw the meat hanging, but did not know what it was.

I wonder how many falangs that have wives or girl friends and have not gotten these secrets from their love one yet. Thais love to keep secrets.

samak said:
torneyboy said:Enough for me to see prawn heads floating in the soup :p
the head is the BEST and MOST DELICIOUS part of the prawn, you ignorant Gourmand! :neener:

another shortsighted "how can they eat that!"-thread in this section.

rats, rabbits, toads, squirels, snails, dogs, insects ...keep them coming! :beer:

So you would eat the whole zoo :neener:

One of the hardest things I have ever been able to stomach in los has got to be those strange 'big' moth type things you see flittering around the lights.

In my wifes village i always remember seeing the kids come running out their houses just as it was getting dark, with fishing nets to hand.

Then a couple of the bigger kids would kick these smallish trees and litterally 000's of these critters would come flittering out, while the smaller kids ran around trying to catch the biggest load in their nets.

Strange thing was that they did taste pretty good till I found out what it was I was eating. :help:

Guys,

Whats wrong with eating rat ???

A famous reataurant here close to Antwerp serves muscus rat, taste like rabbit.

Cooked with plums and beer, a real delicasy.

I once took American friends there, they loved it, and yes, they knew what they ordered.

:beer:

Whats wrong with crickets, dog, monkey, snake, elephant, croc, shark and others ???

Been there, done that :)

Cheers !

Archived