Can't eat the food

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ate rat in belize several times, The Queen of england was served rat in Belize. As far as I know she ate some too.

Northern thailand it was quite common to eat dog, also quite good.

The very lightly sauteed cubed pork fat the thais love is very hard for me to stomach.

bushpilot said:

I ate rat in belize several times, The Queen of england was served rat in Belize. As far as I know she ate some too.

The very lightly sauteed cubed pork fat the thais love is very hard for me to stomach.

I know the pork dish...tried it once but i did not like me ::

bushpilot said:

It's a Paca, relative of the guinea pig. Damn big as well say 5-10kg. So Royal Rat ain't quite, but a local joke as the damn things are everywhere in the jungle. Ran a place on Ambergris Caye at had to serve it up a couple of times, waste of a good BBQ IMO.

Now OTOH TB, you can go to a very high end restaurant in Bejing that serves only Rat, fresh, grain fed rats. :) Sweet & Sour or the Almond Muchroom Rat sir? :neener:

a rich Burgandy if the main course, but if as an appetizer or cold dish I would prefer a Chablis .............. but since the Resort owner always drank Dom ..... it didn't really matter :: :bow:

Forget those Fashion Wines OH. real RAT is best with classics that have twist off tops.... Night Train or 20/20 come to mind. Like Coq au Vin, the cheapest red plonk you can find works great ::

Hhmmmm. Fresh rat, and a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.

You got my saliva glands workin' overtime here. ::

Could you pass me the plate of water bugs and baby frogs?

HT

torneyboy said:

Hi BB

We have some restaurants that serve Kangaroo steaks and croc as well.

I have eaten shark...think all our fish N chip shops use shark :p

Prefer however....um standard foods..like cow,lamb ::

Hi TB,

I would seriously doubt that shark is used for F'nC. Looking at the world wide problem there is with sharks (a serious shortage of them) I'ld imagine that they use anything but shark.

If not, I'm sure some animal right organisation would have very rightly stood up against this.

There's actually a few attempts to stopfolks having shark fin soup. Not with a very good success rate unfortunately sofar in Thailand.

Do you know that yearly there are nearly 2 million sharks caught, not including bycatch and that there are only 7 shark attacks on a yearly base towards humans.

Archived