Kids TV just isn't the same

Guest baldrick

lazyphil said:

The Littlest Hobo was a Canadian classic--always on Sat mornings before/after (?) Swap Shop!

'Theres a road that keeps on calling me'........over to u!

Maybe Tomorrow......

Saturdays Mornings?

How about Champion the Wonder Horse, Cassey Jones (the bloke in the American train), the Banana Splits !

Early Saturday Evenings

Bonanza, Dukes of Hazzard (Daisy was my girl), Wonderwoman, A team....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Stop it stop it!!--I'm going all misty eyed here...jumpers for goal posts etc...Red Hand Gang--awesome--Willow the Wisp, voice over Kenneth Williams!

Guest lazyphil

<<What ever happened to Michael Craven from News Round?>>

John Craven my man , John Craven--he does ''Countryfile'' now on sunday morning :up:

Hi Carew65

?Ed is 35 years old, drives a Range-Rover, hates McDonald's burgers, has a cat called Wellington and drinks Guinness?

Yeah not bad! I?m close to 35, do hate Mc Donald?s and used to drink Guinness. Sadly no cat or Range-Rover (yet!).

It?s very true that "Blue Peter was like volunteering for 'more school'". I would put How in that category too....?How do you put a ship in a bottle? ?How do you make a clay pot?. I must say I didn?t watch that one.

I was a 'Multi-Coloured Swap Shop kid myself hence I didn?t own a pair of Doc Martins either. Also I didn?t like Scrappy Doo. I think Scooby Doo started to go down hill before then, when they used to have a guest on each week like The Harlem Globe Trotters or someone. Actually Scrappy Doo has to be one of the most iratating cartoon characters around!!

The Banana Splits are excellent (I believe Barry White wrote a few of their bubblegum tunes) and the Pink Panther is good too. World of Sport with Dickie Davis was interesting, especially watching the wrestling at around 4 in the afternoon. The kids today just don?t know what they?re missing, when you had the likes of Mick Man Manus or The Giant Haystack in the ring in some Northern town beating the crap out of some poor guy with a beer gut and taxi driver?s haircut. There was always the old lady heckling from the side.

Finally I have to mention Michael Bentine?s Potty Time.

See ya!

sayjann said:

a classic,as were all of Gerry Andersons productions.... :up:

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/prodguides/prodind.html

Torchy the Battery Boy - 'The adventures of a boy doll who travels by rocket to Topsy Turvy Land where toys can walk, animals can talk and cream buns grow on trees.' :dunno::drunk::help:

The Adventures Of Twizzle - 'The adventures of a boy doll who runs away from a toyshop and, together with his feline friend Footso, builds Stray Town, a haven for toys.' :applause::help:

The Secret Service - 'Parish priest Father Unwin is an undercover agent for B.I.S.H.O.P. who carries out dangerous assignments using a miniaturisation device to shrink his assistant, Matthew Harding, to puppet size.' WTF!? :eek::drunk::applause::doah::dunno::help:

Archived