Kids TV just isn't the same

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

Got sent this by a friend--its a script from 'Rainbow'--its too incredible can somebody testify somehow its legite?! ::

The sketch opens with Zippy peeling a banana.....

Zippy: " One skin, two skin, three skin, four "

George: " Zippy, where is Bungle?"

Zippy: " I think Geoffrey is trying to get him up"

We see a view of the door and hear Bungle moaning from behind it.

Bungle: " Geoffrey, I can't get it in"

Geoffrey: "You managed it last night"

Bungle: "I know, lets try it round the Otherway. Ooooooh, I've got it in"

Bungle and Geoffrey enter the studio with Bungle carrying a hammer and peg kit

Bungle: " Would you stick this on the shelf, George"

George: " I can't reach, you'll have to stick it up yourself, Bungle."

Geoffrey (to camera) " Hello everyone, today we are talking about playing"

Bungle: " Playing with each other, Geoffrey?"

Geoffrey:" Yes Bungle, do you have a special friend that you like to play with?"

George:" Yesterday we played with each other's balls. Are we going to play with our friend's balls today?

Bungle: " Yes, and we can play with our twangers as well."

Geoffrey (to camera) Have you seen Bungles twanger? Zippy:" Oh I have, I showed him how to pluck with it."

Bungle: " It's my plucking instrument."

Geoffrey asks the audience if they can pluck like Bungle Zippy:" I can, I'm he best plucker here."

George;" And I'm good at banging. My peg's hard isn't it Zippy?

Zippy:" Well of course it is, Your peg wouldn't go in if it was soft."

Geoffrey;" Let's get back to Bungle's twanger."

Bungle (excited) " Oooooh Geoffrey, we could all play with our twangers couldn't we? Let's play the plucking song.Rod and Roger can get their instruments out and Jane has got two lovely Maracas."

Singers Rod, Freddy and Jane enter.

Freddy:" We could hear you all banging away"

Rod: " Banging can be fun."

Jane:" Ooooh yes, and I was banging away all last night with Rod and Freddy."

Freddy ( looking sad ) " Yes, but it broke my plucking instrument."

Rod ( to Jane ) " Do you want to blow on my pipe while I'm twanging away?"

Jane: " Oh no, I was banging away with Freddy last night. But would you like to play with my maracas?

Zippy; " No, let's just pluck away with our twangers."

George:" Yes, it doesn't matter what size our twanger is."

Zippy;" I've got a big red one."

George: " I've only got a tiny twanger. But it works well and I like to play with it."

Geoffrey (to viewers) " Well, have you got your twangers out? And remember, you can bang your balls at the same time. If you haven't got any, ask a friend if you can play with his. Now, let's all play the plucking song."

Everyone in studio: " Pluck, pluck, pluck along, we're going to pluck all day."

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Reminds me of this joke, sad but true.....

Little Phil, 4 years old, tells little Sarah, also 4 years old, "look I found a condom under the veranda"

To which little Sarah replies... "I know what a comdom is, whats a veranda ?"

Sad innit ?

Cheers !

And then of course there was Captain Pugwash with his crew, Master Bates, Seaman Staines and Roger the cabin boy.

Anyone remember Jasper Carrots version of Magic Roundabout?

Sukhumvit - that was 'Pipkins'. Classic. Originally it was called 'Inigo Pipkin' and had this old geezer together with Hartley Hare, Topov the monkey, Pig, Octavia and so on. Johnny was indeed the dustman.

Unfortunately the old geezer of the title popped his clogs after the first run. Doh! So, they renamed it 'Pipkins'. Hartley Hare was, it is my sad duty to report, a right cunt. I hated that Hare.

Johnny - It's an urban myth, honestly. Captain Pugwash is much maligned. There really wasn't a Roger the Cabin Boy nor a Seaman Stains. There should have been but there wasn't! I think the most disturbing part of that programme was the sight of the crew drowning at the end! I mean, come on guys! Still, a whole generation of kids weren't traumatised by such things, unlike these days when the little fuckers have to be 'protected' from everything. That's why they're always sick and ill. And agraphobiac.

Wasn't the ship on Pugwash called the Black Pig. Anyway while were on the topic, there was Bugpus Bagpus Furry old sagpus with Professor Yaffle the old book end who turned into wood.

Not forgeting Ivor the Engine, pschtcum pschtcum, Jones the steam and his little dragons living in the firebox.

honorable mention to chorlton and the Wheelies, bye bye little old lady.

Cheers

Oh and wasn't there Mary, Mungo and Midge, the trio (including a mouse) who lived in a block of flats, such enigmatic existensialism.

cheers

'and through the round window'...

Playschool was a classic and Floella Benjamin was early wank material for me......what a babe :p

what was the one with the girl with extending legs?,twizzle something?

i loved the cartoon version of 'journey to the centre of the earth'.

when it was followed by Zebedee,Dougal,Florence and Dylan i was in heaven..... :grinyes:

Archived