What is your wife of girlfriend's favorite dish

Phil says,

Dont laugh but my mrs loves my mums Roast Lamb Sunday Roast with all the trimmings!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow that is unusual.My g/f wont go within 20 feet of cooked lamb.Cant stand the smell. You cant beat that roast lamb that mum makes.

sky brow.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Anyone knows a kebb shop in BKK? Would be a big surprise for her..."

Lot's of 'em in Little Arab-y. Sukhumvit Soi 3/1 and the sub-Sois off that would be yer best bet. Good grub down there, expecially the "chrome" Egyptian joint. The atmosphere is odd but not threatening (in another country down there), to say the least tho'

The Londoner has a Doner Kebab (kinda) dish that look OK. Have not tried ti yet tho'.

Cheers,

SD

By far som tam seems to be the crowd pleaser in the circles I am in. Seems more common than a burger and fries in the west. Interesting thing about thai food is unlike the west, dishes don't tend to center around a meat, but rather a meat is used to spice up a dish like som tam with crab, yam with squid, waterfall with pork, etc. Western food tends to take the opposite approach of starting with a meat, and then adding things around it.

That's what I like about the thai kitchen. I am not so much of a salad eater, but spice it up with some pork, fish or sausages and it goes down a treat! :up:

Favourite dishes of my GF are pad krapao ( she can eat it every day, usually for breakfast) and - here we go again - som tam of the spicey variety and with pla raa. She's also crazy about any kind of sea food. Come to think of it, she's crazy about food, period.

Cheers,

soongmak

markle said:

The wife likes any seafood but really loves oysters, can't take about Surat Thani without her mouth watering.

Hi my wife loves oysters as well.

Fresh or those huge steamed ones you get at Yum Cha.

Have to get her to drink some stout ,,and look out then ::

Archived