What is your wife of girlfriend's favorite dish

It may seem odd, but do you really know your wife's or girlfriend's favorite dish?

I think my girlfriend (of almost 2 years) is frogs. When we first started going together, we went to a market that had some big frogs for sale. I asked her if she wanted some, but she said no, and that was the last of it.

I alway remember how she looked that day when she saw those frogs in the market. I felt she really liked them, but then maybe I was wrong.

Lately she has been telling me when she goes home - in the country - she spends time going into the fields with her hook. She takes the hook and inserts it into a hole and puts the hook under the frogs throat and gently pulls the frog out. She says when she is doing this the frog makes all kinds of frog sounds.

I wonder if others have other tales they would like to share?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my gf I would think sea crab, and then specifically the hard-shelled meaty variety that turns dark red when cooked, not the blue crab (Poo Maa / Horse crab).

But as Thai food is so varied, I think it's less common to have one particular favorite that stands out.. I for sure don't have one, depends more on my mood.

I like certain duck dishes when done really well, I suppose.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I think it is Sushi. In every variation.

But if she would have to answer, she would probably say Duck,

She has two favourite shops/stalls where she eats duck. And if she is on the mood for it, then it can suddenly happen that she drives there. Sometimes with friends. The thing is... it`s about a 1 hour drive one way.... :-)

But if she wats duck...she doesn`t mind it...

ah yes, if we are in europe it has to be Kebab... since she got her hands on some in germany, it seems as if she could eat them all day ... every day.

Anyone knows a kebb shop in BKK? Would be a big surprise for her... *hehe*

Archived