What is your wife or girlfriend's most HATED food?

Chanchao

Have tried both but it is difficult to remember which is the lesser of the two evils. :neener:

I can understand how people would eat this stuff in times when food is scarce to supplement nutrition, but why anyone in their right mind would still consume it in times of abundance is beyond me. :neener::grinyes:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind Brink,

one part is English that eats it and the other part originates from the English.

Anymore questions regarding Vegenite or marmite?

The rest of the world is in their right minds for once and completely ignores either version of them.

Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm 50% Brit, 25% Scot, and 25% Dutch so what do I have to say about anything?

Yes I know about the Scottish propensity to deep fry anything. We have a variation here in the American South where they deep fry oreo cookies, twinkies, and candy bars like snickers. Really foul stuff.

Thankfully my palate was formed in the culinary mecca of the Northeast. :grinyes:

Speaking of culinary treats I just found out there is an Ethiopian restaurant not too far away. Haven't had that in many years and it is quite a treat. Big, soft sour dough platter upon which is served a myriad of curries and other dishes, some quite spicy. It is eaten family style using ones hands so it pays to choose a dinner companion with good hygiene.

I'm off today to try a new pan-Asian restaurant that serves, among other things Indonesian and Cambodian treats. They sort of take the best dishes of several Asian countries. Not cheap though.

I'll think of you and your marmite while I'm sampling a Vietnamese roasted quail, mmm.

:grinyes:

Sounds like a recipe my Dad has for a particular type of foul fish caught in the pacific. You take the fish and wrap it in news paper, then coat it in a layer of cow shit. Repeat aforesaid till you have about four layers. Bake on an open fire and cook for an hour. You then crack open the cow shit and news paper, scoop out the fish and eat the cow shit and new paper. Wash down with a generous amount of beer :drunk:.

I suppose this would be good recipe for Vegemite.

Brink15 said:

Have tried both but it is difficult to remember which is the lesser of the two evils. :neener:

I can understand how people would eat this stuff in times when food is scarce to supplement nutrition, but why anyone in their right mind would still consume it in times of abundance is beyond me. :neener::grinyes: [/quote

Because we love it...well a lot do.

Builds strong bones so my mom said

:neener:

Archived