What is your wife or girlfriend's most HATED food?

Chanchao

For my gf this would be Indian food. I can really never get her to join me for Indian food. Even the thought of oily curries with smelly spices, not to mention the chance of finding actual Indian people there is already enough to make her throw up.

How about your significant others? :)

Cheers,

Chanchao

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most hated food? Indian.

She would protest if I ordered even something as neutral as roti pita bread with food. They have them at Black Canyon restaurants, come with soup.

Then, far behind: Mac, KFC, pizza.

In fact, Indian food is not just hated. It simply does not exist on the food map. Much like, say, river sand.

Hi Chanchao,

Am afraid that my missus share the dislike of indian food and indians too by the way.

But besides from that Cheese is definitely a no-no. As with most thais whom I know.

"It is smelly" they say. For crying out loud, most of them are pla rah addicts and then they have the audacity to claim that cheese is smelly :doah:

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Guest lazyphil

My mrs felt the same about Indian food before but I've weened her slowly and now she enjoys the odd Madras or Massala :D--There isn't any food that I can think of she doesn't like. Shes got a gut of a Billy Goat like me!

The wife LOVES Indian food, and Italian, Arabic, just about all kinds, which is kinda neat for a Thai girl.

Hmm - she even likes Vegimite!

So what doesn't she like? Nothing she doesn't like to eat except she used to have SomTam with 20 chillis per serve (More like Chilli Salad with a bit of somtam on the side).

Now she can't eat anything too hot, but she wants too!

JB :doah:

Hi Lazyphil,

You are a fortunate man :)

Sure makes everyday life a whole lot easier when you are both into the same kind of food.

My missus is of Issarn origin and Issarn food still tops the list for her.

That is often a problem with the kids because of the spice and means that we usually have to prepare both Issarn food and european. Really is kind of a hassle some times and usually leaves the kitchen with a serious dish wash.

When it comes to food she is not really an adventurous soul and seems to have already set her mind that she doesn`t like it before she tastes something new.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

> Hmm - she even likes Vegimite!

Man, that's just unnatural. :)

Another thing I could add that the missus really dislikes, along with all other 65 million Thais, would be the black liquorice candy. Even the soft, sweet baby variety makes her throw up. Never mind the double-salted ones Khun Sanuk seems addicted to. :)

Another thing I could add that the missus really dislikes, along with all other 65 million Thais, would be the black liquorice candy.

You should tell that to my GF. She goes to Jamin about once a week to buy a pound of the stuff. She has no probs with cheese sandwiches either.

My GF dislikes any kind of meat that isn't well done. A rosy steak is just mai suk to her.

Cheers,

soongmak

soongmak said:My GF dislikes any kind of meat that isn't well done. A rosy steak is just mai suk to her.

Mine too, which is sooo straaaaaange!!! Considering how popular raw laab is in many regions of the country. That's completely uncooked bloody pork flesh! (Though admittedly she doesn't eat this either, thankgod..)

Anyway, just yesterday we were in a Western restaurant, and she ordered some kind of imported steak, but then specified "SERIOUSLY well-done!". If you're going to do that then you might as well get some nuea daed diow beef jerkey at the market, lots cheaper too. :)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived