Living with a Thai Girl - KAROKE is on tonight!

Nervous_Dog

OK - you know I have a adorable little muppet called Jing-Joe.

Well, as I said before, even though t's over a month past her birthday, she still sings every day "Happy Birthday".

SO CUTE!

Especially when out inpublic, and complete strangers lean over and ask her, "How old are you" - TWO and holds up two fingers.

They dig in handbags, pull out lollies etc, and give them to her!

Great scam artist my kid! However, as I go half with her on the loot I am not about to correct this practise.

However my wife did the ultimate NO NO yesterday.

She bought a microphone for our Sound System ("Sound system", sounds soooo "Bose Suround Sound" when its actually a no name brand 1200 baht CD/Cassette player from Big C)

I hate, no, I HATE Karoke.

Now my mum told me twenty years ago that Karoke was going to be the next big thing and I should invest in it.

She was right (She also drinks beer, and bets at Muay Thai boxing matches, but thats another story) but it would have been like investing with the devil, or arms dealing. No - arms dealing could be honorable, maybe, Karoke, NEVER!

SOO we now have a microphone and in true Thai style I was a woken from my pleasent slumber and dream (Kylie Minogue, the ex, and some black chick where all "working over me") with LOUD (No low button on any Thai Sound System is there, there is OFF and LOUD, nothing in between!) Thai Boy band music.

You see currently I share the house with the wife, (Mandatory) the kid (She only stays as long as I keep buying her shoes) the neice (13 with a 13yo chooce in music and work skills (none)) and the nephew, a very sweet loveable lad who wants to be a girl when he grows up (Hey - when I was 9 I used to wear my female cousins swimsuit, and I turned out ok!)

SOOO - we have this music, but there is something discordant about it, something wrong, no, not that it is on or it is loud, or even that it is fucking unbearably horrible music, just something else.

I stumble out of bed into the lounge room (Easy as it's all the same room) and see Jing Joe, Microphone in hand, dancing and singing to the boy band music, except, at the top of her loveable sweet voice, over teh top of the boy band hysteria, with full "Warble" on the microphone, is Jing joe singing

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.

Good one kid!

JB

Hi JB how are ya, just a quick line to say thanks for keep on writing here, even though you yourself voted against!

JB: ahta ok alterego, No probulms a t all

Ahh - Fuck It!

What I wanted to write was I just called home, to discover the most horendous cacophany of noise. Tha karoke is in full swing!

I am off to Soi 7!

JB - Hater of Karoke!

Hi

Look....they just love it!!!!

The Thai group i am involved with go at least once a week to a karoke joint...booths...take own food booze ect.

They get there about 11pm and leave 4-5am.

We had a party at my wifes restaurant a few months ago for a couple leaving Sydney to go back to Bkk after living here for eight years or so.

They hired a huge Karaoke machine/computers ..speakers that would be fine for the rolling stones :D.

Passed the mic around to all of us ...lucky for me i know three thai songs ...and had to sing ::

Most songs they play are bearable ..the high pitched stuff sends me to the JB bottle real fast.

Archived