sanuk in hua hin

barflyrex

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torney Boy, bad luck about the Hyatt in HH -- my first choice too! -- but have you considered the Marriott?

Never stayed there myself but spent a bit of time at the bar :beer: and the deep pool with swim-up bar :beer: and the restaurants :beer: and was impressed. :drunk:

Another bar worth dropping into (if it's still in biz! :dunno:) is Let's Sea, which is short stroll south along the beach. Great place to chill for an afternoon and the lawn offers the kid somewhere to run around. A bit hard to spot from the beach, it has a cool wooden decor in the theme of old Thai meets new. Rocking chairs, cushions :hubba:, plenty of plants and the most artistic dunny this side of Dubbo. You may want to consider taking your Mai Tai to the bog to savor the ambience. ::

Enjoy.

My wife was stung on the knee by a jellyfish at Jomtien Beach the day before yesterday ... 50mg Benadryl + topical

hydrocortisone helped ... but, she was probably not stung by the same species whose bite results in blisters, etc.

The suckers were out in fairly large numbers ... amazed I wasn't stung considering how long I was floating out there!

I've heard that if you wear a womens body stocking this will prevent the critters from stinging you.Perhaps our antipodean based boardies have more info on this.Might make you look like a twat but at least you won't get stung.

I went to HH without reservations over Chinese New Year, bad plan! Try to stay down town so you don't have a 150b cab ride from say the Majestic. Good seafood on pier, inexpensive. Golf is expensive compared to Pattaya unless you buy a 2 week or 1 month membership which some Scandinavians do.

Re sanuk, went to Linda's in afternoon, was not a happy experience, I think it was her grandma. I understand it is better in the evening. Quite a few Beer Bars on backstreet behind the City Centre Hotel toward the beach. Saw some prime canidates.

All in all HH is a nice town.

New Petchbury Pete

Make sure your wife gets good aftercare for the stings. After 9 days of seemingly good healing, my GF's knee suddenly swelled way up, secreeted pus from the scars and was hot to the touch. We have been to the hospital 5 times in the last 4 days and they finally seem to have it under control after several antiboitic I.V's and drainings. I am really concerned about blood poisoning. It seems that the almost microscopic "barbs" that carry the poison can remain active for an unknown amount of time.

I wish now that I had been more agressive in aftercare in the days immediately following the sting.

David

(another Beantown Refugee)

Its the bad time for jellyfish in Hua Hin/Cha-am. :: Be careful! Thai Soap Opera was shooting on the beach at the Regent Cha-am recently. I witnessed the event, and they changed the shoot because they were so concerned about jellyfish stings. :help:

No, they did not resort to ladies undergarments as a defense mechanism :grinyes:

Sorry to hear about the stings on your signifigant other - painful I'm sure. Wish I was at the beach Marriott or Hilton. However, on a side note that damn town[Hua Hin] is full of pizza restaurants with water-y tomato sauce, bread, and no magic going on in the wood-fired oven.

Best,

the_numbers

Archived