Ό (N) = B/F, G/F or a fan/supporter

¿Ñé¹ (V) = massage

à¿é¹ (V) = select or massage

Careful when transliterating.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ork bpai" = get out! harsh, when said on its own

"Rao ork bpai bramahn ha toom" = We went out around 11 pm.

"Rao ork bpai gin kao gan (laow)" = We went to eat (already).

"Ting" means to throw away or to dump a boy/girlfriend.

"Ting faen bpai laow" = I dumped my girl/boy friend.

"Ting ka-ya reu yahng?" = Have you thrown the garbage out yet?

"Pom ork bpai ting ka-ya laow" = I already threw the garbage out.

Get it?

As there are several Tings, it would be better to transliterate this "Ting" as "Thing" with a softer "T". It's ทิ้ง afterall

Ting with the hard "T" (the Tor Tao) means something different. In fact we have ติง, ติ่ง and even ติ๋ง

Notice that the Thai font doesn't work for me.

KS can we do something about that?

Anyway, I was trying to explain the difference between Thing with a Tor Tahan and Ting with a tor Tao.

How's that...

As there are several Tings, it would be better to transliterate this "Ting" as "Thing" with a softer "T". It's ·Ôé§ afterall Ting with the hard "T" (the Tor Tao) means something different. In fact we have µÔ§, µÔè§ and even µÔë§

Need to select Thai Language under View/Encoding before typing in reply window.

It does seem that for this particular forum, it would make sense that any Thai language be written in Thai. It is often difficult to figure out exactly what word people are using.

Still wondering about this reference to fun meaning sex. Maybe Beach or Pharcycle could write that is Thai script...

Come to think of it, I meant Toh Tao and Toh Tahan, or is that Taow and Taharn.

Anyway, it's got to be T Turtle and T Soldier (oops no T in soldier)

LingNoi said:

It does seem that for this particular forum, it would make sense that any Thai language be written in Thai. It is often difficult to figure out exactly what word people are using.

couple problems with this..

1 there are many beginners on the forum who aren't literate in Thai script (and there are a few fluent speakers as well]

2 Not all users have access to a Thai keyboard so even though they can write in Thai their computer can't (virtual keyboard aside)

People will just have to live with it, use a bit of lateral thinking when reading the forum.

Still wondering about this reference to fun meaning sex. Maybe Beach or Pharcycle could write that is Thai script...

I get the feeling that it is a play on both English and Thai words. sex is 'fun' right, and sounds like the Thai word ฟัน (fun) so guys would use this as a kind of code "I'm going out for some 'fun'" and tap their teeth which would mean they're going out to get a bit. Then again I'm not sure there might be a more direct link between teeth and sex in Thai.

Archived