Welcome to America - Fingerprint please !

OCgringo

"The answer to that rhetorical question comes in response to another poster's note to the moderators about feeling free to shut down his posting if it's deemed too political. The US can't possibly do anything right, and so any thread on this board that's bashing the US or President Bush, no matter how political, is automatically "not political" for the purposes of attracting the attention of the moderators."

I was 1 of 2 who posted to feel free to delete , after all , politics being not discussed is a board policy , but if it applies to a foreign country ( outside of Thailand ) , it's kinda vague. As I said before , this will only turn into a tit-for-tat policy , as easy as it it "may" be for foreigners to enter the USA , what about those of us suffering thru computers being down , camera's not working...etc entering a foreign country ?. Just because it works here does not mean it will work with the same speed there.

" And I'll bet that if the Chinese and North Koreans and Angolans had the wherewithal to pull it off in a way that didn't tax their own pathetic infrastructures, they'd be doing the same thing as the US is doing now"

Hahahaha

Some three years ago , a whole subburb of Chicago had all of their tree's infested and eaten nearly to the ground by what was determined by officials as some kind of bugs from China. How it got there ? , burrowed into a wooden pallet from a import shipment from china , after delivery to said destination , found their way out , end of story. New regulation from from U.S Customs , all wooden pallets , crates or anykind of wooden packaging from China requires a " Fumigation Certificate " Every shipping company in China ( mine included ) has thousands of these already printed and " rubber stamped. Didn't take long for China to retaliate , they now require the same from Usa to China shipments. The only difference is , we can't fake or forge ours , an " official fumigation certificate " has to be taken to a local USDA office , who inturn will issue a " official fumigation certificate " Total bullshit and alot of wasted time.

GWB and his fucked up crew are safe , it's the rest of us citizens under this regime who have to suffer , and by that I mean abroad , well , we are fucked here too if they remain in power.

BadaBing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The answer to that rhetorical question comes in response to another poster's note to the moderators about feeling free to shut down his posting if it's deemed too political. The US can't possibly do anything right, and so any thread on this board that's bashing the US or President Bush, no matter how political, is automatically "not political" for the purposes of attracting the attention of the moderators."

Um,I don't really understand your rambling. The US does lots of things right and I don't usually bash my country and its leaders. My posting was politically charged and I was being respectful toward the board policy and moderator duty.

What you have failed to explain in rational manner what the your issue is. This talk of rights and cattle is nothing but rhetoric. You keep talking about travelling in the US in 50's and other places in 80's, this does not have ANYTHING do with the discussion of the US now requiring a photo and fingerprint as part of the process for entering the US. All first hand reports given here say it is not intrusive (the cattle issue) and does not cause delays. It has also been noted that many countries require photos for visas, and many fingerprints for work visas, which pretty much blows your privacy issue out of the water.

The only thing left is your obvious knee-jerk anti-US bias. Besides, if you belgians spent more time putting your perverts in jail, you wouldn't have time to worry about this shit anyway.

TH

PS, For the record I do not support GWB and I am rather uncomfortable with this whole "homeland" security thing. Nevertheless, when I see baseless US bashing I will not idly sit by.

TH

"Um,I don't really understand your rambling "

Rambling ? Only stating my point of view , I don't know where your citizenship is , but if it is in the USA , then you have a " right " ( questional now ) to express it. Why leave it to the mods ? If deemed not right for the board , they can delete or edit at will.

"The US does lots of things right and I don't usually bash my country and its leaders "

Again , you (we) have a right to freedom of speech ( questional now ) I respect your right to have an opinion regarding photo and finger printing of foreigeners entering here , your right and respect of your views of USA foreign policy , your right and opinion of the current administration policies , BUT , if my opinion differs from yours , isn't that MY RIGHT ????? to differ from you ??

My postings are not to change your point of view , nor start a " bandwagon " just my views of where things are going.... peace and love....vote for GWB ...and live with it !!!

BadaBing

The US offered their system up, similar to what I believe Thailand has accepted, but Brazil wasn't interested in anything but being obnoxious about it.

Getting back to the issue of adoption of the system by other countries.

I would be outraged if my government adopted the system being used by the US.

I think most non-Americans EXPECT the current US regime to Abuse the information they gather this way.

The possible benefits of using this technology are far outweighed by the uncertainty of future US actions. I think that the US under the current regime is capable of ANYTHING.

The main reason there is so much US bashing today is because NOBODY TRUSTS THE US REGIME... and everyone wonders just how the US people can be fooled by Bush & co.

:(

Can you be more specfic in how your right (as a US citizen) to express an opinon or freedom of speech is now questionable? And what consequence you (or anyone you know about) has suffered due to doing so?

It seems to me, that in a historical sense, there has never been more freedom to speak and actually have it heard then in the entire US history.:dunno:

Of course you can't get on a damn airplane without waiting an hour to get searched and your bag to get x-rayed, etc, etc. But you sure can express an opinion about it.:cussing:

TH

I fully support the new fingerprinting policy, and Eurotrash who don't like it can go elsewhere. We'll never know if it does or does not prevent an attack, as how can you prove a negative? If it doesn't happen, you can't prove it would have. I think it's a smart move. Even in the Civil War, there were people in the North complaining about Lincoln having suspended a number of civil rights, such as Habeus Corpus, especially in Border States like Maryland that could very easily have turned rebel without a crackdown. We're at war now, and I turn a deaf ear to any and all complaints from those who can't have their own way.

"I think most non-Americans EXPECT the current US regime to Abuse the information they gather this way.

The possible benefits of using this technology are far outweighed by the uncertainty of future US actions. I think that the US under the current regime is capable of ANYTHING. "

OK, you found us out. :o

We actually take a microscopic DNA sample when you do the fingerprint, which we use to clone you (using British technology) but without you're ant-US gene and allow the clone to return home. The real you we send to Guantanamo Bay, after all, even the Taliban deserve a little recreation.

I expect the mods to shut this down shortly, since once the insults become 2 way that makes it too political for them.

TH

Well let me start by saying , there is a bill on the Senate floor saying that the Federal Communications Commision ( FCC headed by Colin Powell Jr. ) can fine , not only a radio or TV station , but the " broadcaster $5,000.000.00 , yes 5 mil , for what they deem , not a court , but " they " seem indecent. Who the fuck are they to tell me what I can listen to , or watch " indecent " ? If the religious right cant hear the word lesbian , giving head , going down or any sexual inuendo's , you don't find that an infringement on your 1st amendment right to freedom of speech ??? Sorry pal , I do.

America and our countless allies are losing thousands of young men and women fighting in foreign countries so that those people can have rights , among others " freedom of speech " , while at the same time Bush and his fucks are taking those exact rights away from ME ?? Janet Jackson showed a covered boob on TV , Viacom (CBS) is spending millions to fight this. Clearwater ( who by the way bought the Texas Rangers ) from Bush for a reported 14 mil into Bush's pocket , is now kissing his ass in congress saying they have taken all indecent media under their control off the airwaves , i.e. Howard Stearn , et al , off the radio ??

What's next , Bush will publish the Bible for daily reading , you read it or your a commie ???

Maybe the Bahgdad Daily telling you how we are so loved for saving them will convince you. Maybe get a great deal on a bullit ridden condo there is a future investment for retirement there.....up to you

BadaBing

Unlike in a dictatorship, if enough people don't like the status quo, it WILL change, and change peacefully. If enough people don't care enough to change the status quo, then the niggling whinings of a few disgruntled individuals are meaningless.

Archived