Welcome to America - Fingerprint please !

OCgringo

I don't disagree that the FCC is over responding to JJ Super Bowl fiasco, but your demagoguery on the subject contributes nothing. Have you written your senator?, your congressman? Have you activily campigned for an alternative to current administration? Posting inflamatory messages on Thailand sanuk board is hardly contructive.

Take it somewhere else

TH

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big_Kahuna said:

I fully support the new fingerprinting policy, and Eurotrash who don't like it can go elsewhere. We'll never know if it does or does not prevent an attack, as how can you prove a negative? If it doesn't happen, you can't prove it would have. I think it's a smart move. Even in the Civil War, there were people in the North complaining about Lincoln having suspended a number of civil rights, such as Habeus Corpus, especially in Border States like Maryland that could very easily have turned rebel without a crackdown. We're at war now, and I turn a deaf ear to any and all complaints from those who can't have their own way.

Eurotrash ??? Civil War ??? You left out the Boston Tea Party , WW1 , WW2 , Korean War , Viet Nam , Graneada , Panama , ummmm are you old enough to remember Kent State ?? , Mei LI (sp) , the Chicago 7 , Watts 66 or Detroit 67 ? Does MLK ring a bell or is KKK more revelant ? or maybe your more of a pacifist , how about George Wallace ?? Seems we have a " George " as president , but maybe the not right one for our times.....

BadaBing

ThaiHome said:

I don't disagree that the FCC is over responding to JJ Super Bowl fiasco, but your demagoguery on the subject contributes nothing. Have you written your senator?, your congressman? Have you activily campigned for an alternative to current administration? Posting inflamatory messages on Thailand sanuk board is hardly contructive.

Take it somewhere else

TH

Sorry , you asked me to elaborate , which I did , now your telling me to take it elsewhere ? Guess I answered all your questions , time for research on your part I suppose...

BadaBing

I hardly think a bill on the Senate floor has taken any rights away from you. There are thousands of bills introduced every year, most are done just for "home consumption" so to speak, as I believe this is.

By the way, did you sign the petition?

Personnaly I think it is rather offensive for you to claim that our people are dying overseas so you can say fuck on the radio.

What I meant for you take elsewhere was the inflamatory discussions not about the photo and fingerprint procedure for visitors to the US.

I am still waiting for a rational argument as to why that is a bad thing.

TH

PS to the Mods - I'm done, unless some Non-American joins in with some trash again. :)

Oh, I was in and out of Thailand even back during Kent State, May of 1970. If the fingerprinting rules have disgruntled you, then mine is a pleasant day.

TH,

Anti-US bashing ???? me ???? where ????

My US friends on this board do know that I love the country, so please show me where in this thread I have put it down like you did ?

No reason to make this personal, ok ?

Yes, 1 pervert is on trial here, how many are on deathrow in the US ?

Sofar, you are the only one here who brought up the suggestion of thashing, please re-read the threat.

All I said is that being fingerprinted like a criminal does restrict my personal rights and freedom. end of discussion, you have your beliefs, I do have mine.

Its your country after all, you have to life with it, not me.

Something similar will never happen here. ever.

As for photos being taken for visas, sure, I send them with a courrier to the embassies, it does save me time :)

BBing brought up the fumigation, not to worry, China does require that from ALL countries, same as India will starting june 1st......

Anyway, we can discuss this endlessly, it will still be decided above our heads.

BB

Finger-printed like a criminal? Why not say finger-printed like a law-enforcement official, since they have to have themselves fingerprinted, too. It's not only criminals who get fingerprinted. The people who grumble about commomsense procedures like fingerprinting are the same type who way back when cried about license plates on their cars violating their civil rights; in time, they'll settle down.

"All I said is that being fingerprinted like a criminal does restrict my personal rights and freedom"

You say this, despite not having gone into the US since this procedure was implemented, and despite the posting of someone who has that is not like that all.

It sounds irrational to me.

TH.

Archived