taxis in Pattaya

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've did this twice at 700 baht. But I had no clue what the price should be. If I do this again, I'll try offering 600.

Basically, it only happens when I arrive at the station and I just missed a bus or they announce a delay in bus departure. I get fed up and go find a taxi. But given that I don't go to Pattaya all that often, haven't done it very much, but know it can be done and that these guys said they don't pay a fee.

<<burp>>

Hi,

the lowest price I paid for a taxi from Pattaya to Sukhumvit Bangkok is 500. We found him on 2nd Rd near Mike Department Store. It was late evening so he would go back to BKK anyhow and when we come to the first pay station of the toll road he declared he would pay the fees himself! :up:

elef

One has to be careful too about the taxi one gets, if it's only done as a reservation first, then ride later. I did it once and we had a taxi with no air-con. It was even less fun when we got stuck in traffic, and took 45 minutes for the last 25 kms.

Better stick to a reliable one, agency or driver, pay 200 bahts more, still reasonable at 800, and travel in comfort.

IMO

Second: If you get a cab that doesn't have AC, don't you do a Nancy Reagan? "Just say no"

--------------------------------

depends. Where i stay in Pattaya, not easy to hire a new one like that. And if you have a plane to catch...

But i just use the same company for years, only once did i try another and regretted it.

Also, most agencies require the fee down to make the reservation.

just a comment on taxi services in Pattaya, not replying about a specific "side of the road" situation.

Archived