best way from Bangkok to Pattaya?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the best way from BKK International to Pattaya? I have a late arrival, so but is not an option. Someone said that Thai Airways have nice Benz limos going to Phattaya for 1500Bht. Is that true? Where to find them?

Thanks for advice,

Leroy

PS. Joegumby,

On my way back to Calgary, Air Canada lost my perfectly tagged luggage. As a happy and loyal customer of the only Canadian Airline Monopoly, I am patiently waiting 183 days to collect my CAD500 for all my belongings. Just a reminder that everything is on the lap of the god?.lol

LB

The rates they will quote you will probably be over the 2000bht mark. Just start to walk away and listen to the price tumble, cetainly the most comfortable way to get there.

On another note I've just used the bus to go from Pattaya to Ekamai, 90 bht and even though they used the bottom road and not the toll way it only took 2 hours (le fy at 5.00pm) with several stops along the way to pick up and drop off passengers. Now I don't know whether they are scheduled stops or if you can just point to any place along the road and he'll stop.

Once you get to the terminal you can see the Skytrain and it's just another 20bht to Nana.

The reason for using the bus (apart from being cheap) was to go to the dance contest at RockHard in Clinton Plaza last night, only problem being that I had to leave early, last bus leaves at 11.00pm.

It was worth it.

PS I must have got the 2 worst buses in history, no suspension, my kidneys got a good work out as well as my arse.

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: Phantom ]

Originally posted by Leroy Brown:

What is the best way from BKK International to Pattaya? I have a late arrival, so but is not an option. Someone said that Thai Airways have nice Benz limos going to Phattaya for 1500Bht. Is that true? Where to find them?

See http://www.thaiairways.com/ Click on "Thai's Reach," then "Getting to Town," then "Fare Information." Their booths are located in the arrival halls of all terminals.

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: Paul3456 ]

If there are enough in your group, splitting a cab or a minivan actually isn't mush more expensive than the bus and far less of a hassle. Call Thai Transport at 038-428-230. A taxi is 800B (was 700B, but last trip they hit us for 800B) and a minivan is 1200B. A taxi is OK for 3 people and a minivan can comfortably seat 7 (you can fit 10, but then it's a bit crowded and you might as well take the bus. They will pick you up at your hotel in BKK and drop you at your hotel in Pattaya (and vice/versa on the return trip) so you save cab fare/skytrain fare/baht bus fare that you have to factor into the 90B bus fare. If you have the right number of people sharing, it's not much more expensive than the bus. We have used Thai Transport probably 20 times and they have never failed to pick us up on time. I tried staying at the Dynasty Resort once and took advantage of the free ride (you have to stay a minimum of 2 nights paid in advance at the Dynasty in BKK). While it a nice hotel, it's relatively expensive and too far from the action requiring the hiring of many a Songtaew. They do have a free shuttle into town, but only run it 4 times a day and you have to find your own way back. Will not stay there again. If you are taking the trip down alone, unless money is no object, then take the bus at 90B. If you get lucky and get one of the newer buses, it's not so bad.

Ranger

Archived