Sandy Springs in Pattaya?

sonny

Many people have stayed there and it is confirmed guest friendly. Soi 13 is an excellent locale as it is almost exactly in the middle between north and south Pattaya. Other hotels to consider: The Lek(across the soi from Sandy and next to second road)and my favorite: Dynasty Inn (2 buildings down from the Sandy and directly across the soi from the Lek).

sonny said:

While researching for a backup to the Flipper Lodge, I ran across the Sandy Springs on Soi 13. Looks nice and price is okay. anyone been there? Guest friendly?

Search the board. I've written about it several times.

Across the street, Inn House may be even better. less $$$, even newer.

Thanks to all for the info!

When I tried to book the Flipper Lodge, I specified "no twin beds." So, of course they confirmed me in a room with twin beds. I canceled them and started looking.

I did run a search here for Sandy Springs and came up dry. Maybe because I limited it to the accomodation category or maybe I didn't go back far enough?

For the heck of it, I sent an e-mail to Sandy Springs asking their guest policy. This morning I got a reply "You can bring a guest to your room free of charge. We will ask for her ID at the desk."

Funny about the Dynasty Inn. I didn't realize they had a second property in Pattaya. I only knew about the resort. What about it makes it preferable to Sandy Springs? they look pretty similar--built around the same time, close in price...

re Inn House, I read one great review on Pattayapages, but can't find a way to get in touch with them.

coss said:

Just on Flipper lodge, how do you find it? Good? I'm looking at staying there next trip.

cheers

Coss

Stayed in Flipper Lodge a couple times, it was always pretty nice. They have an excellent rooftop pool (with bar). They also have 2 "suite rooms", one of which has a nice sea view and both have bath tubs as well as showers. I always called the hotel directly and booked the suite rooms - normally about 1100 baht or so a night (unless high season). Guests no problem (guard (if he's there) check's girls' ID).

I stayed there August last year, no problems with bringing guests. Quite peaceful hotel and you can get your sleep when necessary without interruption.

Water pressure in shower was great, and hot. Air conditioning was ice cold, but should be as its a pretty new hotel.

If you like a view, get a room on a high floor, facing the bay. I was on the 7th floor. I liked the balcony.

Second road is about a 2 minute walk up the soi. It has a good location, and most everything is within walking distance-bars,convenience stores,internet shops etc...

You can jump on a bahtbus and go to walking street in a matter of minutes if you walk down the soi to the beach, or grab one on second road, and you can go up toward the massage parlors around soi 2 and Big C shopping center.

sonny said:

Thanks to all for the info!

When I tried to book the Flipper Lodge, I specified "no twin beds." So, of course they confirmed me in a room with twin beds. I canceled them and started looking.

I did run a search here for Sandy Springs and came up dry. Maybe because I limited it to the accomodation category or maybe I didn't go back far enough?

For the heck of it, I sent an e-mail to Sandy Springs asking their guest policy. This morning I got a reply "You can bring a guest to your room free of charge. We will ask for her ID at the desk."

Funny about the Dynasty Inn. I didn't realize they had a second property in Pattaya. I only knew about the resort. What about it makes it preferable to Sandy Springs? they look pretty similar--built around the same time, close in price...

re Inn House, I read one great review on Pattayapages, but can't find a way to get in touch with them.

Added bennie: Stay at Dynasty BKK, get free ride to PTY if staying in Dynasty PTY

Sonny here is the contact information for Inn House.

email info@innhousegroup.com

www.innhousegroup.com

phone 038 415 709 16

fax 038 415 717

I stayed there for 2 weeks in Feb, wonderful place! The view rooms are much smaller than the backside rooms but both are nice, small pool on roof, more like a big jacuzzi. All brand new with full size fridges in each room. The staff are excellent.Wonderful location, close to Lek Buffet for breakfast 90b and dinner 165b, and most all of the action. Not far from Kronenberg which is the golf meeting place.

Archived