Health Insurance for Thai

lembeh

Not sure the best forum, but *sure* some one will move it if they feel it is incorrectly placed....

Anyway, looking for a reasonable health (sickness/hospitalization) policy for a friend. Coverage is for his Thai g/f and their two year old son. Something within the Thai system with reasonable payment is what is being looked for.

Anyone got something useful?

cheers

josh

A friends of mine wife does this, he Farang, she Thai, very respectable lady, will PM you the details, when I am in the office tomorrow.

I use Bupa myself, but that expensive compared to other Thai offerings, also, as I have a two year old daughter I do know that any kid up to about 5 (definately 2) is a bit expensive for health insurance. (Not saying not to take it, but to expect it to be high)

Have they thought about getting their "Gold Health Card" moved to their current residence? This would enable them to get cheap local coverage. (Lots of Thais have their house papers in their village, but this means the gold card is also in the village ad NOT transferable to city hospitals)

Other idea is if she is employed, the "Free" system is not bad.

JB

Thanks, will look forward to getting the info. As for moving the house papers, not possible at this time as she is in rented accom, and I think you need the landlords permission to do that. Maybe worth looking into though.

cheers

josh

>Anyway, looking for a reasonable health (sickness/hospitalization) policy for a friend. Coverage is for his Thai g/f and their two year old son. Something within the Thai system with reasonable payment is what is being looked for.

BUPA strats from 20K and goes up, depending on age. For a 26yr old, it was 28K per year.

For matternity related costs, both parties must be insured and then it can be used 40 weeks after that.

Many things in the fineprint. Low participation for open heart surgeries but relatively high for the most needed things.

Thai national insurance - don't know how good it is, how long to wait, choose doctor...

I did it through my company but that is not what you are asking.

I know my gf's family is happy with some farmers' insurance, 3600B per year.

Thanks, that looks like what my friend is looking for from the site...the brochures etc never hit my email box, but no worries, should be able to get enough info from the site.

Can you give me *some idea* of the rates? (by message through the board is OK).

cheers

josh

OK, basic stuff on costs

26-30

Top Plan - B66,800/yr

Low Plan - B40,600/yr

41-45

Top Plan - B77,000/yr

Low Plan - B50,400/yr

Add ons

Dental - B13,000/yr

Vision - B4,000/yr

Travel - B3,500/yr

I put the sales brochures/info docs on my server as PDFs. You can get the main insurance one here: Mega Series this one is also in Thai. The travel insurance one does not have any Thai. They are about 500K downloads each.

Cheers,

SD

Archived