Would you still come here if . . . .

Nervous_Dog

To me Nanaplaza.com has changed a lot from the days when it had things like "Vote for your girl here" and other such stuff.

Like a lot of things it has matured (I haven't) and so have a lot of the posters here, hence the following poll, which I think may give a idea about those who are using this wonderful (And big hats off to Mr Sanuk and his team of mods) site!

OK, simple, would you still come here or live here if there where no gogo bars, or if the Pay for Play scene was about as attractive as say, going to Kuwait for some fun. If you don't ever indulge, you can still vote! (I'd like you too!)

This is NOT a poll for discussions about if this would ever happen and why/why not it could/couldn't.

Simple, would you still visit, or live here, or not

JB

JB

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bye ........ ::

bet I'll see most of you in my new residence.

Would you go to a bar with no beer, a restaurant with no food, to a whorehouse with no ................ :doah:

Certainly not the ONLY reason to come here ........... I mean, after all, there are good cheap flights to other places from here.

I would still visit LOS in order to buy my bargain gemstones and absurdly cheap Sukhumvit Rd wooden elephants...

BS......personally, if the scene just evaporated overnight, then there is enough "residual" left in LOS for a few more years of pleasure, if it never really existed in the first place and I had tried my hardest to make it exist ::, :: then yes, I would move on to other pastures for sanook - and treat LOS like a very favourable tourist destination like lots of others, but return to LOS after the grizzly business is done elsewhere...elephant rides, Grand Palace tours...so much to do all over again...oh s**t!

Cut-back the trips unfortunately, I'm just mercenary in these regards ::

I've often pondered the pluses (and minuses) of Thailand. Food, climate, costs, girls and so on. In the end if Thai girls were not available/accessible Thailand would not have much appeal to me.

To put a different angle on it if all the women from my home state were replaced with Thai women (and all our women sent to Thailand) ain't no fuckin way I'd ever return to Thailand.

At the moment I'd say I'd still go to LOS. Mainly because Miss Red is Thai.

If/when she ever gives me the flick, it'd be somewhere different for my holidays. I've seen a lot of Thailand over the years - probably enough. Surely there are other countries to see.

If after P4P etc, I'd give Cambodia a go. There's something about the Philipines which doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

You missed out the all-important third option, as follows:

3) I say now that it wouldn't make any difference to me because I like to think of myself as being 'above all that' or, at least, to be seen to be so by others. I'm either kidding myself or lying and, though I say it'd make no difference, I'm like one of those many people who, when asked whether they'd pay more tax for better public services say 'yes' but in fact mean that other people should do the paying. If it ever happened, I'd slink away. But, it's probably never going to happen, so I can secretly pretend to be above the 'riff-raff' here.

Or is that too long for a third option? ::

Bibblies, above the riff-raff?? :: I would never pick that one. I think that the delusion of being above anything only happens when you sort of long to be part of it [jealousy complex issue]. I don't want to end up in therapy - besides good luck finding a decent shrink in LOS.

I certainly wouldn't pack up from Muang Thai if all the sweet Lolitas of this land disappeared. Why leave when I can have a songkran holiday playing outdoors, khao pad and a beer on the sweltering street at 7PM, race to Buddhist shrines on Isaan roads on a motrocycle, and then go sit and watch bad Western cinema with friends any night of the week. :beer:

Best,

the_numbers

Guest lazyphil

If I wasn't living here in the uk with a tg with straight forward reasons to visit LOS (visiting her family etc) I imagine I might think twice and go to other places, I'd still visit LOS but would go to Brazil or Costa rica or some such place. As I am with me tg mrs here I still visit LOS and enjoy it very much and I still enjoy night life but in local Thai pubs/clubs....yes, I know I cant speak Thai but usually there so noisy it doesn't matter very much--I dont get the urge to go to the 'bars' anymore although I did stick my head in Angelwitch a few months ago and was impressed!

Archived